Homelite trimmer not starting

Trimmer is 4 years old and only used twice. Stored it after draining tank and running it dry. Put in fresh canned 2stroke mix but no start. Checked plug and saw a white spark. Compression checked and was 95#. cleaned and blew out carb even though it looked clean. Tried spraying starter fluid into carb while pulling string, but no firing sounds. Also took plug out and sprayed cylinder directly with starter fluid, replaced plug immediately and pulled but no effect. After cranking it I again checked plug expecting it would be soaked, but was dry. Then replaced carburettor and spark plug but same results. It always had primed ok and primer bulb was full. Very frustrating particularly as it looks like brand new. Only thing I have not checked is for exhaust blockage as very unlikely. Seems like gas is not getting to cylinder even with new carb installed as dry plug, but starter fluid would have taken care of that issue. Only thing I can think of is that spark is not big enough, but suurely with a new plug if coil was defective there would not be any spark?

Reply to
Philip Flood