Subject Author Posted Replies

Cash from bank counter
I can use any of my bank cards in an ATM, irrespective of the bank which owns it, but can I go to the counter and use any other banks card to also withdraw some cash?
33
33

OT: Spiffing choice what!
You just couldn't make it up. I wonder if Boris, Corbyn and Farage have their painted eggs recorded? wonders if Scotland and NI actuallyn want to leave the union out of fears about Brexit, or just...
7
7

Garage Floor Paint
... which brands work? The floor is fairly clean (it had my car on it last winter, but it's only a year old), and is pretty dry - beam and block. I want to seal it to keep the dust down when I'm...
4
4

Timber frame refurb
Hi all first post ?? Be nice! Bought our house 4 years ago, it?s liveable but there?s lots I want to do, but with 2 kids 2 & 4 it?s hard to find the time. Ripped out the bathroom around 2 years ago,...
7
7

Plumbing, toilet flush pipe.
I eventually got the toilet pan /vanity unit connected, all went well and no leaks on the pipework. Last stage connecting the toilet pan, waste pipe no bother but had issues with the flush pipe at the...
6
6

Ring doorbell camera - counterproductive?
You ring the doorbell, nobody answers, a voice comes through the doorbell..... So you guess they aren't in and burgle them?
6
6

Self service checkouts in B&Q
B'bye! Our local B&Q have binned them off, took a long time for them to admit it, but they have, they aren't helping anybody! Sainsbury's, are you watching?
64
64

[OT] Universities and PAT certificates
More a whinge than a question, really. Son is off to uni soon, student accommodation (Scotland) and one of the requirements is PAT certification for anything over one year old. Phoned the office who...
82
82

Travis Perkins timber
Went to Wickes to buy some wood, came home with a banana. This happens every time, and is getting rather tedious. It would be nice to have somewhere that sells vaguely straight wood for a change. I...
38
38

Hot water in the shed - long term project.
I have a mains feed to the shed protected by a 40A RCBO. So full chat at 220 * 40 = 8.8 kW. Or pushing it, 250 * 40 = 10 kW. I also have mains water and main drainage. Looking at electric showers, I...
12
12

Cutting laminate worktop
I am replacing a single length of worktop. I need to make a cut out for a sink in the new 28mm chipboard laminate. I *think* I'm going to be using a Bosch 101B jigsaw blade. That's marketed as a...
14
14

Ratchet crimp tool for insulated crimps - how to choose?
I have two or three ratchet crimp tools for insulated crimps but I'm thinking a new one may be a good idea. One of the three is on the boat and will stay there (there may even be two on the boat!). At...
20
20

Electricity for a shed
Hi. Just thinking on while I'm rewiring the kitchen I may as well lay down the cable to reach the shed in the back yard. I used 10m of 6mm cable to reach the cooker connection unit so I'll need only...
5
5

Deep freeze temperature varying over several hours
We have an Arctis freezer - not sure what model, but it's a tall one about 5 feet high, which was left by the previous owners of the house. The temperature on the display used to be constant at -18...
11
11

ESET annoyance
I have been using ESET for quite some time, up to now I have found it completely satisfactory. As it is running out I renewed it. Whereas in the past that was that this time it requires me to input...
3
3