random Huewei calling

Whos it call?

Reply to
Jim K..

anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ? .....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this problem

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

sorry Huawei

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

an unlisted number in China rumoured to be belong to one of the state run agencies.

Reply to
alan_m

anybody in the address book

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Ghostbusters?

Reply to
John Kenyon

if you had one you would know all about it ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Graham.

I'm not sure its one make of phone. Its probably a software issue on Certain android apps. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ghost busters. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

'fraid not...wish it was''''

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

No I don't believe that for a second. Sounds like fake news. Iphones tend to dial emergency services on their own unless you completely nobble the emergency options. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It may well simply be that the inbuilt address book app has a software issue. It could be perhaps better to install a different app.

I have being serious for a moment heard of this with Android phones before. Which version of Android has it got, and can it be updated? I see Google are ditching confectionary names for their OS and just using numbers and letters.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Run a virus checker on your phone. Try Malwarebytes from Google play, assuming Google have not yet disabled Huewei products from contacting their servers for software.

Reply to
alan_m

Jim GM4DHJ ...