Acer laptop mouse pad buttons

I make heavy use of this and it doesn't have separate buttons as such, they are just a hidden part of the mouse pad nearest you, a clicky part. I have always found them difficult to use, because guessing where to actually press and they need a lot of pressure, much more pressure as you move out either side from close to the middle.

A;most impossible to just press and click in the right spot, without looking where you were pressing, as there is no tactile feedback.

Last night, I superglued a short bit of 1mm CSA copper wire on the pad, to identify the mid-point between the buttons - so much better.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Could you not just use a different mouse? They are as cheap as chips, after all.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Chris Hogg submitted this idea :

It makes a laptop much more cumbersome.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

I use a trackball with my laptop.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Train yourself to use "tap to click" (enable it if it's currently disabled). Then you can tap anywhere on the mousepad, and very lightly. Once you're used to it, it makes having to click in a particular location seem very 1990s...

Reply to
David