Best mouse pad ever--no charge.

If you still have a "ball" mouse and are tired of cleaning it, just throw out your mouse pad and use a large, old, cloth-bound book. It will stay where you put it, and the old linen cover won't produce lint. I stumbled across this idea out of frustration, and my mouse has worked flawlessly ever since. Clean your mouse ball and rollers first, of course. Use isopropyl alcohol and a Q-tip or toothpick to get the junk off the interior rollers. Never underestimate low high-tech!

Reply to
aha

i use one for my optical mouse. love it. has a good pattern on it so the mouse works well.

randy

Reply to
xrongor

I have a plastic laminate pad that has a fabric-textured look and feel, but it also has some shine. This didn't work well with my newer optical mouse.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

The "dirt" that accumulates in your mouse doesn't originate from the pad.

It's mostly comprised of airborne dust and shed skin from you.

Changing pads won't alter that.

Reply to
Mark

Of course, you'll need surgery on your wrist after using something that high off your desk, but hey - knock yourself out.

Reply to
jeffc

or, you could take the cover off the book and its profile would be lower than a lot of the high tech pads out there.

again, never underestimate low-tech.

or, you could take the cover off the book and its profile would be lower than a lot of the high tech pads out there.

again, never underestimate low-tech.

Reply to
Joe C

I did just that. I had a few old books to get rid of so I cut off a cover. Works well.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski