Subject Author Posted Replies

Solar-powered pump for a "water feature"
SWMBO has asked me to fix-up, and get working, an old wall-mounted water feature - a cast iron lion; water is supposed to come out of its mouth and land in a bowl. First observations are: it needs to...
10
10

BMW 7 rear suspension problem
After sitting unmoved for the past 3 months the rear air suspension gave up the ghost. My nearer dealer is about 10 miles away and it's booked in for next Wed. I'm just worried would I do it harm...
7
7

Bin shed, anyone built one?
I want a bin shed to make 3 wheelie bins look less of an eyesore. A nice-ish looking sturdy one will cost about 300 quid to buy so i'm thinking of building one. If you've done similar, did you wing it...
15
15

Standing current of VW Golf R
Further to a post a few weeks ago, about the battery being flat in my car after standing idle for a few weeks. I subsequently charged the battery in the house using a laptop power supply and a couple...
18
18

Re: More Monkey tricks and C19 news of dubious accuracy
Weird man, like what are they on Bro' Brian

Resin Driveway quote
My parents in law are pressuring me to have their driveway done by this company who 'are doing the drive across the road', it will cost 2300 and they need an answer today....(I own the house) Alarm...
10
10

Wallpaper removal repairing damage
Hi all, The wallpaper in the bedroom was put on top of a painted wall. When we removed the wallpaper it pulled off some of the paint back to the plaster. We want to now just paint the wall. What is...
14
14

Installing Ethernet cables
Some of you may have seen in another place that I am having trouble with my wireless connections in the house So I'm thinking about how to add a fixed connection into my office the distance of cable...
64
64

OT: not needed for DIY ;-)
I assume that many people here are chaps and that they and, more importantly, their wives will not see 55 again - and that therefore KY jelly will have entered their lives (yes, I said Lives). I...
10
10

Plug in RCD downstream of an RCBO CU
Hi All, Since my "power" circuits got upgraded to the then gold standard 17th edition about 10 years back with all circuits on RCD or RCBO protection, I've consigned my plug in RCDs to the cupboard....
6
6

Which MCBs interchangeable with Rolec?
I need to replace a Rolec B16 MCB for the aux output in an EV charger with a C16 but can't find anything that tells me which other manufacturers are physically identical - can anyone here help?
10
10

RCD to protect hedge trimmer
I bought a 2 gang RCD socket from Screwfix (code 3133J) to replace a 2 gang socket in the garage which I use to power the hedge trimmer. Once I got it home the installation guide says that as it's...
6
6

RCD tripping
One of the RCDs in the split consumer unit tripped yesterday. It was the side I'd previously had a problem with concerning the lighting wiring. Not a good time for a wiring check... However, a quick...
4
4

Sharpening circular saw blades
Any point? (Pun unintended) I changed the blade on my battery powered circular saw the other day and WOW, what a difference. It's always been a bit naff vs a mains one but it's obvious the blade was...
24
24

clapping
Why has the 8 o'clock clapping sessions now degraded into letting off fireworks in the street?
41
41