OT: not needed for DIY ;-)

I assume that many people here are chaps and that they and, more importantly, their wives will not see 55 again - and that therefore KY jelly will have entered their lives (yes, I said Lives). I struggle with the tubes because they're so inflexible that it's hard getting anything out (subtly) once they're less than about 2/3 full, but I've solved the problem. I bought some "Silicone Travel Refillable Squeeze Bottles" from feeBay and squeezed the remnants of the tubes into them. The "squeeze bottles" are much more flexible than the original tubes and very easy to use. I went for 60ml bottles but, with hindsight, the 38ml ones would be better. Clearly this won't be of interest to those DIY'ing ;-)

Now back to sanding the stain off the garage door surround (it's too hot and I needed to cool off so thought I'd offer this piece of advice)

Reply to
nothanks

Failing that, get it in a pump dispenser in the first place...

Funny the things you think of when sanding huh?

perhaps "Slip in" that bit of advice :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Perhaps you should try it? ;-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I am not married and it will be 20 years before the gf hits 55.

She already knows what KY is..........

Reply to
ARW

ER, this sounds like the sort of advice the grannies of the future will impart to their aging daughters etc. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

A pump action dispenser seems, somehow, appropriate.

Reply to
nothanks

Buy one of each:

and one pump and she will slide out of the bed :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

or be a cheapskate and get the Tesco version for £2.50

Phil Addison

What a shame one has to sign in to leave a review.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

4 out of 5 stars, "helped the value lasagne slip down with hardly a whinny!"
Reply to
John Rumm

as a consolation you could just tell us how it went ;)

Reply to
Phil Addison