Resin Driveway quote

My parents in law are pressuring me to have their driveway done by this company who 'are doing the drive across the road', it will cost 2300 and they need an answer today....(I own the house)
Alarm bells rung and I said no. Now it appears that it's just for a small gravel area about 3x3m....! How much would one expect to pay for such an area? Cheers
We had a 14m x 2.5m tarmac drive done about 18 months ago which included in serting a fold down bollard and a replacement man hole cover along with con crete edgings and this came to £1750. Tarmac is cheaper than resin dri ves but I do not think the materials for resin drives are significantly dea rer.
Richard
No Its a bit like the old sledgehammer to crack a nut. I was just wondering, what great claims are there for resin, is it nuclear bomb proof or something for that price or is it the I need a new bungalow fund for the company? Brian
--
----- --
On 29/05/2020 22:52, Mr Sandman wrote:

about £50
--
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over
the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that
On Friday, 29 May 2020 22:52:44 UTC+1, Mr Sandman wrote:

A clear rip off.
Get alternative prices.
It's only viable if the existing surface/base is in good condition so that might need fixing too. Existing surfaces ften need special treatment to get it to stick.
It's a process that lends itself to short cuts/inferior work too.
You need to know exactly what you get for the money.

Supposedly, it is said to be porous and gets round the problems avoiding water run off from the property. How true I am not sure but that selling point is often quoted in the sales pitch.
Richard
On 30/05/2020 09:20, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Entirely true *if* done right with a permeable resin and the right (unbound) base.
--
Robin

Exactly - if the base is not porous then the over coating cannot be.
On Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 5:26:41 PM UTC+2, John wrote:

Apparently they are glad I said no, the drive oposist was done in 2.5 hours, they trowled the resin on top of the old tarmac drive....

Ah but: I thought that that was the idea of the resin approach: you have a crappy old concrete drive with a crumbling surface (for example), which is nonetheless strong, so you get it resinned [?] which consolidates it into a solid, weatherproof, hardwearing surface.
But for £2300 I'd expect them to dig up the old one, put down new hard core, surface it with something, and lastly put the resin on.
I stand to be corrected!
John
On Saturday, 30 May 2020 09:20:51 UTC+1, Tricky Dicky wrote:

All these porous hard surfaces bung up with crap and algy. Virtually impossible to clear out. Not worth the trouble.