Subject Author Posted Replies

Hozelock cr&p
We have a hosepipe with a spray gun on the end. The plastic Hozelock connector between the gun and the hosepipe is constantly coming off the end of the hose no matter how tight I screw it up. Anyone...
33
33

very strong toilet clearer
My toilet pan has a stain below the watermark that neither bleach nor readily available acid (vinegar) will remove what stronger products are easily available that will remove it?
69
69

Service
I have a stove calor gas heater which needs servicing
2
2

Castor-resistant laminate
I'm about to re-floor my "man cave" (2.0M x 3.20M). I'd like to use wood effect laminate but I'm worried that my desire to scoot around on my swivel chair will damage it. It has 5 castored feet and I...
7
7

13A induction hob
I'm ready to order a hob... I thought I needed a 13A hob, but it turns out I can tweak my plans and get whatever I like. If I stick to the original brief and get a 13A one, are they effective enough?...
7
7

ISP email addresses after you change ISP
When I switched from Taltalk (Tiscali) several years ago, to Plusnet, TT threatened to cut my TT email off within 3 months, unless I paid them a fee to maintain access. I really wasn't bothered enough...
19
19

BG WR1 and T4rf
Hi new property and I think I have a similar but different problem, I don't think the WR1 and T4Rf are communicating - the thermostat will simply not allow anything other than a temperature of 23.5 -...
1
1

Fridge worry
Normal fridge - not auto anything - chiller plate at rear - ice compartment in the top. Yesterday there was a pool of water on the floor! Wife had recently put some shopping in it. Cleaned it up -...
5
5

TOT National Savings reduce interest rates
I was just checking my Premium bond wins :) and noticed that National savings are changing rates of interest that they are paying on all products (from November 23rd) 4 of their main products.......
62
62

Tank Fill Line
My oil heating service, with whom I have a maintenance agreement, told me they had to remove the dresser coupling between the tank fill line and the tank in my basement to replace it with a "black"...
4
4

Batteries on the Grid (OT)
There was a thread on this a little while ago, with some posters apparently mainly thinking in terms of "peak lopping as with pumped storage. While fairly technical, this helps to explain how...
48
48

Terminating phone cable
decorating a spare bedroom upstairs I found the old telephone extension socket behind the bed and cheerfully pulled it off the wall snipping the cable where it came through the window frame saying 'no...
12
12

Towel Radiator.
I'm doing up the separate loo at the moment. Decided to replace the tiny rad with a towel rail fed from the central heating. More for looks than anything else. Have one in the bathroom which is SS and...
16
16

OT: Yodel are good.
I ordered a motorcycle battery from Tayna Batteries (via eBay) on Friday evening with next working day delivery. I received an eBay order confirmation with a request to check the details of the...
2
2

wifi question
Can I give two adjacent wifi access points, the same name and password?
42
42