Subject Author Posted Replies

Fridge worry
Normal fridge - not auto anything - chiller plate at rear - ice compartment in the top. Yesterday there was a pool of water on the floor! Wife had recently put some shopping in it. Cleaned it up -...
5
5

TOT National Savings reduce interest rates
I was just checking my Premium bond wins :) and noticed that National savings are changing rates of interest that they are paying on all products (from November 23rd) 4 of their main products.......
62
62

Tank Fill Line
My oil heating service, with whom I have a maintenance agreement, told me they had to remove the dresser coupling between the tank fill line and the tank in my basement to replace it with a "black"...
4
4

Batteries on the Grid (OT)
There was a thread on this a little while ago, with some posters apparently mainly thinking in terms of "peak lopping as with pumped storage. While fairly technical, this helps to explain how...
48
48

Terminating phone cable
decorating a spare bedroom upstairs I found the old telephone extension socket behind the bed and cheerfully pulled it off the wall snipping the cable where it came through the window frame saying 'no...
12
12

Towel Radiator.
I'm doing up the separate loo at the moment. Decided to replace the tiny rad with a towel rail fed from the central heating. More for looks than anything else. Have one in the bathroom which is SS and...
16
16

OT: Yodel are good.
I ordered a motorcycle battery from Tayna Batteries (via eBay) on Friday evening with next working day delivery. I received an eBay order confirmation with a request to check the details of the...
2
2

wifi question
Can I give two adjacent wifi access points, the same name and password?
42
42

PU foam and PVC cables
I am in the process of insulating under our kitchen floor, the plan being to fit the Celotex between the joists and fill any gaps around the edge with PU foam. However, some of these gaps also have...
13
13

Pile em high and ......
Eight people including staff and customers were injured in the accident that happened late Friday night at the Mateus Atacarejo Mix Supermarket in São Luís, north Brazil.
8
8

Can Central Heating circulation pumps be generally mounted pumping downwards?
Ye I am aware that there needs a way for air to escape. In the good old days I thought pumps had to be placed pumping up, or horizontally.
3
3

Little victories
Had a couple of Auraglow PIR/nightlights. One had the LED blow (or so I surmised from the flash and then non functioning) and the other one had a battery leak destroy one of the terminals. 5 minutes...
33
33

Partially-used paint tins > milk bottle
The usual way of storing partially-used paint tins is to turn them upside-down, so that the skin that invariably forms is at the bottom of the paint when next you use it. Although not original, I've...
13
13

Sprinklers
A school has just gone up in flames in my area. Usual photos of it burning inside whilst water is put on the outside. Usual cries for sprinklers - but these can be vandalised and could cause problems....
38
38

Motorised valve not closing
The 2-port motorised valve on the central heating isn't turning off once the room thermostat is satisfied and so the boiler continues to fire until I turn the boiler off at the mains. The actuator is...
8
8