Totally OT teachers

They are not happy about having to grade exam results this year

Last year they were not happy about the suggestion that their grading of exam results was wrong.

They have complained about online teaching and how much harder it is for them, they have complained about in school teaching and what a risk it is to them.

FFS is there anything these people will not complain about?

Reply to
ARW

Maybe parents should suggest they want non-classroom learning in future, as it clearly gives better results?

Half a dozen teachers per subject syndicated nationally, should cover it :-P

OK, I do have /some/ sympathy for the teachers ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

No. Leftycunts all. Whining about how unfair it all is in in their blood

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It appears the less teaching the better the results. So get rid of all the teachers and results will be brilliant!

Reply to
Max Demian

I think in both cases they do have a point. The point is that nobody has been trained to do either correctly or indeed paid enough to make them want to invest a lot of time in either. OK so a pandemic caused a lot of it, but its just like the wet leaves or the wrong kind of snow on the railways, we never seem to have any contingency plan or plan be and just hope for the best that people will be able to sort it out. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Let the students/pupils/schoolchildren* mark their own papers!

  • In regressive time order. In my day we were the third.
Reply to
Chris Hogg

They have to work harder than the rest of us too. My retired teaching sister has only just started to realise how stressful it is for some to have to rely on investments for their pension and how many hours her musician sons have to put in just to pay the rent.

Reply to
AnthonyL

I do too. Every man and his dog seems to think they could do a better job than the teachers do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

If a pension is so important to you, why didn't you find a job with an occupational one? After all, for much of her working life, she won't have been highly paid, and her pension simply part of that package.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

As one who was recruited out of teaching into industry, it is my experience that the energy and resilience demanded of teachers was significantly greater than in industry. Plenty of other differences - particularly the pay and the tenure.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

I did, then the company (a well know aero engine manufacturer) went bust and pensions were not transferable. Then I went overseas with a nice pension scheme but decided after 10 years to move on, and the pensions were still not transferrable. So I set up my own business from scratch. My sister would not have coped with the hours or stress.

She did alright.

Reply to
AnthonyL

"They are not happy about having to grade exam results this year, it is not normally part of our job," it is a poison chalice generous marking, get slated, hard marking, get slated.

"Last year they were not happy about the suggestion that their grading of exam results was wrong." I think that was not the teachers, more the parents and pupils and the government. Did they not decide to go with the teacher's marking in the end so it was correct after all?

"They have complained about online teaching and how much harder it is for them," well it is harder and large sections of pupils did not engage at all. Teachers are held responsible for the results of pupils. How would you feel ARW if your performance depended on your apprentice's progression? "they have complained about in school teaching and what a risk it is to them." that is because we are older and exposed to about 100 different families in a week.

"FFS is there anything these people will not complain about? "Electricians complaining about apprentices, cause we tried with them first. :)

Reply to
misterroy

Grade that

ARW

Now my A level chemistry teacher went the other way - moved from industry to teaching.

A far better teacher than the ones that did school, college, uni and then went straight back into school. All they have known is education.

BTW Teachers are not number 1 on my hit list of whinging bastards.

The number 1 position is held by prison officers.

Although I have full admiration for the female one that had to deal with a prisoner threatening to set fire to his cell one night in seg.

As per regs she pulled out the fire hose but it got stuck. She told the prisoner it was stuck and he said "Fuck it then, if the hose does not work then I am not going to set fire to my cell" and he got into his bed.

Reply to
ARW

Using current standards, A***

Reply to
Richard

ARW

BA (Hons)

Where can I get one of those electric cats?

Reply to
Richard

Older? Really?

At secondary schools it's usually only the school uniform that tells you what is legal to f*ck. The pupils look older than the teachers.

And what do you think the rest of us (that do not work in hospitality) did during lockdown?

We got on with our jobs and did not complain.

Only 100 families a week?

My heart bleeds.

Have you worked in a Covid hospital ward?

Have you worked in a prison wing where Covid is rife?

Have you worked in an Alzheimer's ward dressed up in full PPE?

Have you any idea?

Reply to
ARW

No idea. Even Google fails on that one.

Reply to
ARW

The one rolling around my patio having an orgasm might have been one of those, then I realised that it had half-demolished a perennial plant with blue flowers that I bought in Sainsbury a few days ago but haven't planted yet. Then I googled "Nepeta" and it seems I have bought a catnip plant, and it really does turn on black moggies.

Reply to
Andrew