What would you use this for now analogue TV is extinct ?

Noticed this colour TV tuner for sale on ebay.

'conveniently' located at Midhurst, so that means a nice strong signal :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Oops forgot the link

Made in Germany. Must have been a pricy bit of kit in the

1980's
Reply to
Andrew

Is it not for other AV sources as well as tuners?

Reply to
Scott

Might be handy for interfacing devices that only had an RF modulated output...

Reply to
John Rumm

There are a lot of old 1980 home computers around with analogue modulators still running including spectrums and all the more rare ones like the Enterprise, the Sam Coupe, the Sord M5 the Newbrain, the memotech 512 etc etc. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

and the BBC Micro that I have in the loft. Mind you I convertted my small tv to RGB in as soon as I could; 80 column text didn't go well with a modulator.

Reply to
charles

Don't most modern TVs still have analogue tuners for worldwide compatibility?

Reply to
Max Demian

I cant see why they would bother. Added expense to no benefit

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Probably because the capability is bundled into the decoder chip set, and comes at no extra cost, plus there are people still using Sky Magic eye, or RF CCTV systems etc so it still has limited application.

Reply to
John Rumm

Max Demian formulated on Saturday :

Yes!