How to connect channel drainage to drainpipe hopper?

My mum and dad had their drive block paved about a year ago. I just noticed that they made a bit of a mess of the drainage. Between the garage and the drive, they put in a channel drain, have left one end open, and smashed off one side of a clay drain hopper in the hope that the water will find its way in there. There isn't even an inspection cover fitted, so it's already full of soil and pebbles. Mum and dad have other things to worry about, and aren't that bothered, but I think all this might cause problems in the future; plus, it looks just awful. I want to fix it, but I don't know what would be the best way to connect the channel drainage. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Reply to
iClaudius

methinks it should have a horizontal grate to stop stones getting in.

and maybe a U bend if its into a sewer

[g]
Reply to
George Miles

What is it, Acco drain or similar? What is this "hopper", the original socket (in the ground) leading to a sewer?

If it's as I visualise (photo?) I might be tempted to turn the downpipe using a bend into the drain, possibly extending it into the drain with a short length of pipe, dispoensing with the clay fitting.

What does the channel drain into/onto?

Reply to
Chris Bacon