OT: Piriform (CCleaner)

Is Piriform running out of money? They keep asking me to renew my licence early even though it does not expire until November.

Reply to
Scott

Dunno! Only ever used the free versions since the days it was called Crap Cleaner.

Never seen the reason for their continual updates so am still on version

4.14 (Windows 8.1 & 10) IMHO (older versions) are still the best programme for beginners.
Reply to
wasbit

You might want to update your humble opinion (and your software!):

John Rumm

I'm still using v5.26.5937 as it's pre-Avast. Wary of using Avast-era CC.

Reply to
PeterC

Not that I'm aware of, I use the free one and apart from a splash screen which is inaccessible to the blind they have done wonders with the accessibility of this tool since the old days before the Avast/avg mob bought them out. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

And they no longer download any othof their virusware stems either. Use the protable version then its pretty straightforward to update it. I have to say, they do seem actually more helpful even to us blindies recently. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Is that to just put them out of business then? I'm not really a fan of Norton or Avast, or avg, they all slow down the computer their pages of info and control are inaccessible and they won't let you do much without moaning about it, as if you were some kind of moron. Its all gone now, just the Microsoft a free version of superantispyware and that is it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I think crap cleaner was a different program. The current ccleaner has only the driver update bit really disabled for the free one. Its mostly accessible too. It keeps the rubbish down and its easy to keep an eye on the system restore points and the back ups as well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Nope. That was one version back in 2017. Whether that version is still available, I don't know but perhaps I should of put in a warning for those that didn't know.

Reply to
wasbit