Hozelock cr&p

We have a hosepipe with a spray gun on the end. The plastic Hozelock connector between the gun and the hosepipe is constantly coming off the end of the hose no matter how tight I screw it up.

Anyone aware of a connector that will do the job better, or accept something like a jubilee clip to make sure it stays in place, and that will also take the Hozelock gun?

cut a couple of inches off the pipe and try again

Reply to
charles

+1

Also make sure that:

The prongs on the conenctor are OUTSIDE the hosepipe

and

That the inner connector tube RIGHT inside is *PUSHED* all the way inside the hosepipe.

Reply to
No Name

Been there, done that a few times, got a shorter hose.

That's exactly how it's been. Hence the frustration!

You can get compatible versions in brass. I don't know if they're any less slippy than the plastic version, but they might be, and they don't fade/weaken in UV. They mate with the plastic Hozelock parts. You could always abrade the brass (or plastic) a bit.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Heat the end of the hose up with a heatgun (paint-striper, not hair dryer) to make it soft before fitting. Try not to burn your fingers :)

Reply to
Ian <$

Hozelock

They will blow off if the water pressure is high. High being > 5 bar or more...

Thin walled hose? Wrap a few turns of tape around the hose and try?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I think the problem is aggravated by cheap, thin walled hosepipe. The teeth just don?t have enough bite on this. Never had a problem with the thicker walled stuff.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Are you talking about radical prostatectomy?

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

It's not very high. We sometimes wish it was higher!

It's Hozelock's hose and the fitting came with it. Another reason for the frustration.

I found the same with various brands but I think my problem is with the quality of the hose(s) I have which are constructed from a soft plastic which gets a lot more flexible in full sun.

Reply to
alan_m

Not at the moment, I'm having my tea.

Thanks, one on the way from Fleabay with a jubilee clip waiting if needed.

Perhaps Management might stop moaning about getting wet now...

Well Hozelock does do IIRC three grades of hose.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Ian has brought this to us :

Pan of boiling water works better.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Use decent quality hosepipe too ?. Buy cheap, buy twice :-)

PS The hose connector is separate from the spray nozzle (mine is), and has an O ring and quick release from the nozzle, so try another connector, as well as cutting 2 inches off the hose.

Reply to
Andrew

At least you had a good laugh then !

Reply to
Andrew

I was going to say "That's no guarantee of compatibilty". B-)

I don't have any problems with hose with a 1.5 mm wall thickness, 15 mm OD and 12 mm ID

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Could your pressure be too high for the connector? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa