connection to under sink spigot dishwasher hose outlet

Hi All,

I've just removed my old defunct dishwasher and the connection to the under sink spigot was a sort of rubber push on connector secured with a jubilee clip. The rubber connector that is on the end of the outlet hose does not come off, it seems to be welded onto the old outlet hose.

But my new (well second hand) dishwasher outlet hose is different as it has no moulded rubber bit at the end just a finished end of hard moulded plastic that appears to be only suitable for insertion into a free standing waste outlet.

Is there a part available to connect up the new outlet hose to the spigot?

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom

Not that I know of.... Can you replace the hose itself with the one from the old one?

Reply to
Lee Nowell

That would be awkward as I'd have to part dismantle the dishwasher.

I'm not sure why the old one came with the rubber bit on the end as I can't recall ever seeing a washing machine with one on.

Thanks, Tom

Reply to
Tom

get a piece of copper or plastic 15mm pipe, cut the end of the old DW hose off (with the fitting you need); cut the end off the new DW pipe and using two jubilee clips, fix the 2 ends of the pipes onto the copper pipe..

may need a blob of silicone on the copper to seal the pipes best (assuming the pipes are "corrugated")

Cheers Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

It is against water regs to do what you want to do, By law you need it discharging into a pipe with an 32mm air break so get yourself a proper washing machine trap, and fit it to that and do the job properly.

Reply to
A Plumber

do what? join two bits of waste pipe together? boollocs!

read *all* the thread again

plumbers!!!!!!!!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

OR could use one of these and a couple of jub clips to join the bits of the wastes:-

Jim K

Thanks for all the replies - the Screwfix idea is great but only works for connecting 2 pieces of outlet hose together and won't help connecting the outlet hose to the spigot.

Regardless of official requirements, direct connection to the spigot is how its always been done in the past under the sink (especially in flats) - the connection is before the waste pipe trap so I don't see the difference between the dishwasher being connected or the sink - the only possible problem would be the sink discharging back towards the dishwasher (recent spigots have an angle connection you can turn upwards), so you make sure the outlet hose goes up above the spigot before going down to join onto it.

The connector I need definitely existed in the past as I've now found one on another sink that had the overflow connected by a similar hose to the dishwasher to a spigot - so I've temporarily borrowed that one to use for the dishwasher.... I just need to get a replacement now!

Cheers, Tom

Reply to
Tom

how about this from screwfix 64339 or 76974- cut existing hose to fit in large end with jubillee clip other end fits on spigot - well it does on ours -

Reply to
nnk

erm... yes, exactly....??

?? unless you read what I put and were to cut the end of the OLD DW pipe and connect it to the NEW DW pipe..... NB I also said "last resort"....

exactly - traps with spigot connections *specifically* for washing machines are still on sale *everywhere* ...

search for it with google images - as you know what it looks like?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

It obviously wasn't installed to the regs then in the first place so ballcocks to you too

Reply to
A Plumber

look forward to your link to these alleged "Regs" you're still hangin on.......

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Look them up your self, those were the regs when I was plumbing in the severn trent area. you also need a not return valve prior the the cold feed connection. Also dishwashers and washing machines normaly come with the rubber/plasatic outlet in a hard u shaped plastic bit at the end this is so that you can just hook it into the washing machine trap, this provides the airbreak needed

Reply to
A Plumber

Snip dishwasher waste pipe query.

I think you may be a little behind the times then. Dishwahers and washers are plugged straight into the type of fitting the OP stated. They are not 'open' wastes, in that the flexible from the washer plugs directly into the waste pipe system, which then goes to the U bend. I'me presuming he meand something like this:

Where one end of the 32mm is connected to the sink plug, the other to the waste pipe, with the washer plugged into the adjustable pipe on the side.

As 'Jim' described, it can be fixed by joining the old and new washers pipes to connect under the sink.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

So, you never came across fitting like these then?

Chris J Dixon

Seen Lots of similar setups under sinks with one &half bowls etc, but 5 yrs ago they wasn't to water bylaws, whether they have been changed I'm not sure, but the ones I mean have a 600mm stand pipe I don't know how to do links, but srewfix.com sell them Even though shops sell the ones you linked, it does not mean they meet local water bylaws. I will check up on it for my own satisfaction

Reply to
A Plumber

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

thanks for the... erm... "contribution"

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

course, course ;>)

I'll, save you the "hours":-

"Description40mm Double Nozzle Washing Machine Utility P Trap

# Adjustable inlet

# WRAS Approved Product

# Approved UKAS Quality Management

# BBA approved

# BSI Registered # IPHE Industrial Associate

# Conformed to BS EN ISO9001:2000"

Trust the "WRAS approval" won't be deficient in some way or other?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K