Hozelock type male push-fit to compression hose connectors?

Does anyone know where I can get a number of Hozelock type male push-fit to compression hose connectors?

I want a hose with a male push-fit connector on the end, without using a male-male adaptor.

Many years ago their original system had connectors this way round, then they changed to the reverse system. They no longer make them.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

CK brass fittings include a 1/2" hose to male connector for luddites.

Steve Firth

...and people who multi-post instead of properly cross-posting. Grr!

Reply to
Chris Bacon

It was an afterthought, sorry.

Should have said, must be plastic.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Screwfix show a male/male so you could use a female to hose and one of them.

Dave

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

As per my original post, I don't want to use a male-male, the wrong end always disconnects and covers me in water!

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Why?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Stick it on with something so it can't disconnect.

Car body filler?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Where is this Google 'beta' rulebook on how to post properly by Professor Bacon?

Reply to
Gogs

OK, no luck.

How about a hose repair connector that has 3/4" BSP threads? Hozelock hosepipe connectors are slightly larger and finer.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

I'm not quite sure what you want to achieve. Do you want a piece of flexible garden hose with a male connector (the sort with an O-ring) on the end rather than the usual female. If so, I'm sure you can get male connectors, but they're not as common as female connectors. You can *certainly* get double-ended male adaptors. So if you stick one end into a female connector you will have achieved the desired effect - if that *is* what you want!

Reply to
Roger Mills

I had heard that they were ceasing (had already ceased ?) production of the hose male fittings, which to me seems a bit inappropriate..... unless someone can explain ? Nick

Reply to
Nick

AFAICS that's what he wants. One of these (which I find perfectly satisfactory)...

but for some unknown reason it has to be plastic.

My best offer would be a male-male adapter like this...

with one end stuffed into the hose (it fits surprisingly well) secured with a nylon cable tie.

Reply to
Mike Barnes