Hozelock conundrum

What I need is either a "double female" connector (which would be the opposite of the "double male" ones, and definitely not the 'hoze repair' item), or alternatively a threaded-tap-to-female connector.
There are thousands of threaded-tap-to-male connectors, and adding the "double female" to that would create the threaded-tap-to-female function.
I can't find these anywhere; the best, but very messy, workaround being a pair of back-to-back hose-to-female connectors (and a two-inch hose).
[Not worried if it's an official yellow-and-four-times-the-price one, or a plug-compatible in green/blue/whatever.]
--
Roland Perry

I thought a hose repair was double female fitting. Guess I don't understand the question.
mark
remarked:

No, a hose repair is hose to hose.
Contrast that with what you often put on the end of a hose: a hose to female.

What I want is a female to female.
--
Roland Perry

Hi Roland I thought I was the only one with this problem. My hose has a ma le connection and so does my long handle sprayer neither of these can be ch anged because of the screw conectar the othe end of the male. So what I nee d is a double female connector to connect them, you would think I was askin g for the moon. But it seems no one does one. So I'm stumped

a very short length of hose with a female connector at each end?
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Simple answer. 1 x female snap to male thread and 1 x female snap to female thread. And err, screw them together!
Mike

All I can see is male to male connectors. Every hose I have seen actually ends in a female connector . Any future in actually cutting off the end you have now and making good with a female connector hose end.
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock-hose-connector-with-aquastop/4861j
On 25/07/2016 15:50, soup wrote:

Just remember to use the hose the right way round!
Alternatively, does this not do what the OP wants?
http://www.screwfix.com/p/hozelock-hose-repair-connector/44928
--
Michael Chare

On 25/07/2016 20:10, Michael Chare wrote:

Nope, well don't think it does (I am not the OP so don't know the specifics) . That connects hose to hose it does not connect to a sprayer(or indeed an accessory of any type).
That does not accept plugs of any type it screws down over hose ends.

More often than not in my experience, if you can't find the right connector to do what you want it's because you're doing it wrong. ;-)
A bit of "polarity reversal" usually sorts out most connector problems.
Tim
--
Trolls AND TROLL FEEDERS all go in my kill file

On 7/25/2016 9:00 PM, Tim+ wrote:

It is quite frequent to want male -to-male or female-to female as manufacturers have different ideas on how their tool should terminate.
male-to-male exists .... female-to-female always ends up 2 fittings on a short piece of pipe
On 25/07/2016 20:55, soup wrote:

OK, I agree. Perhaps the hose should have a female connector, and be used with a double male if it needs to connect to a female
--
Michael Chare

On 25/07/2016 21:43, Michael Chare wrote:

It only needs to connect to a male though. It should only need a hose to female connector (as per my above). I can't see how the OP has a hose which ends in a male connector.
On 25/07/2016 22:17, soup wrote:

Possibly for use as an extension which connects to a tap and then goes to a normal double female hose!
--
Michael Chare

when this type of fitting first appeared, hoses had a male end - just like a tap. Then suddenely hoses had female ends.
--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

On 25/07/2016 22:23, charles wrote:

That must have been a while ago. Have only ever seen hoses with female fitting ends but then have only had a garden for eighteen years. Surely a hose at that age will need replaced .
At the very least lose the end of the hose, and put on a fitting to turn the end of the hose to female. All(?) the accessories sold nowadays assume the hose will be fitted with a female end.
On 25/07/16 21:43, Michael Chare wrote:

That is how the rest of the world does it.
its shoes.
On 06/26/2013 03:33 PM, Roland Perry wrote:

Are you saying your hose has a male fitting on the end ? Why not change it?
Andy C
remarked:

In a sense - the hose has a screw connector that fits directly onto the tap. But the mission is to make it click-connect.
I can't change the fitting on the end of the hose because it's a fancy 'flat' hose where the current connector is welded on. All I can do is screw in a fitting that turns it into a hose with a male on the end.
--
Roland Perry

Um, what's wrong with one of these?
http://www.easywatering.co.uk/acatalog/Hozelock_Flat_Hose_Male_Threaded_Adaptor_-_2170.html
Screw on to hose, fit male nozzle to tap & Bob's your father's brother.
Tim