Brand new TV show celebrating the best in disaster-prone DIY!

Are you or someone you know a DIY disaster? Or do you have any video footage of your DIY-related misadventures?

Do you live with someone who always insists on doing it themselves, instead of calling in the professionals? Have there been any times your Dad's enthusiasm for "home projects" has just gone way too far?

If this sounds familiar then we want to hear from you! We're on the hunt for those well-intentioned but ultimately disastrous forays into the world of home improvement. We want to hear from the well-meaning DIY-ers whose 'improvements' haven't always gone to plan- and from the long suffering families who have to put up with shoddy building work, faulty electrics and holes in the floor... We want to hear your stories- and see anything you've captured on video.

We will pay for any clip we use- and some DIY-ers will be asked to be a bigger part of the show. So if you have been through some DIY disasters- or have a funny video sitting on your iphone, camcorder or laptop- get in touch now!

For more info please email snipped-for-privacy@iwcmedia.co.uk.

Reply to
IWCMedia1

You'd think with those countless thousands leaving uni with a degree in media studies, there'd be the odd *new* idea around?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Why? After their gap year, they all end up flipping burgers.

Reply to
Ivan Dobsky

Eff off.

Reply to
Huge

Come of it, they are still using "Animal Farm" for GCSE English Lit... No doubt the "DIY Disaster" programme is part of the Mejia Studiz Kerickulem.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I was wondering about cutting plastic pipe with a hacksaw and consequent flooding. But that, of course, was a professional job... :-)

Reply to
polygonum

On Wednesday 26 June 2013 13:47 Dave Plowman (News) wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Or even an educational angle - like, say, actually showing people how to do stuff instead of yet another "film person being a bit of a twonk" show.

Now, a skilful programme maker could do something that actually showed how to do things in detail and still be interesting.

But, I suspect none of the current media studies oiks can manage that - what with them being too dense to study a proper subject at university.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Have we not been here before? Did we not suggest this was some person attempting to get others to do their research for them?

Did I not already hear DIY disasters on TV already in Bizarre ER?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

flipping them or being them, it's horses for course's :-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Yes, and its not the first time this one has benn on the news groups either.

Maybe we should suggest some inovative reality shows.

Politicians school, A bit like the apprentice but attempting to find people who really can get stuff done other than putting thier mouths in the trough. Or..

Learn English and win a prize. This one for all our E European immigrant friends. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

As you'll have realised by now, this newsgroup is full of grumpy old gits who wouldn't let anyone see their DIY disasters because they'd be embarrassed. Most of us wouldn't know how to work a video camera anyway, and as for having a phone that makes movies! Ha!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It's times like this I miss Paul my last next door neighbour.

Reply to
ARW

Yep we do things right 'cos we can.

I rather take exception to the notion that anyone who engages in DIY has a disaster.

Unlike some TV productions these days of course .. faultless all of them eh;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

You seem to be a bit thick.

People on here ask questions if they are unsure about a job. Questions get answered and jobs get done correctly.

We would find some of your d-i-y disasters hilarious, no doubt, knowing what we know. But you won't find disasters on here.

As others have said - change your remit. Make a programme about how to do things properly for once and you might even find some volunteers. Otherwise f*ck off.

Reply to
steve

Note they only want disasters. The only news is bad news.

Reply to
harryagain

In article , harryagain scribeth thus

They could do a prog about that insulated box you live in Harry;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

course's ?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Reply to
Frank Erskine

And it is full of grumpy old gits (wears medal with pride) who can tell the difference between a newsgroup and a website that sucks up other peoples content (OP posted via DIY Banter, which could be probably shows the level of clue they are looking for).

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian