Brand new TV show celebrating the best in disaster-prone DIY!

Are you or someone you know a DIY disaster? Or do you have any video footage of your DIY-related misadventures?
Do you live with someone who always insists on doing it themselves, instead of calling in the professionals? Have there been any times your Dad's enthusiasm for "home projects" has just gone way too far?
If this sounds familiar then we want to hear from you! We're on the hunt for those well-intentioned but ultimately disastrous forays into the world of home improvement. We want to hear from the well-meaning DIY-ers whose 'improvements' haven't always gone to plan- and from the long suffering families who have to put up with shoddy building work, faulty electrics and holes in the floor... We want to hear your stories- and see anything you've captured on video.
We will pay for any clip we use- and some DIY-ers will be asked to be a bigger part of the show. So if you have been through some DIY disasters- or have a funny video sitting on your iphone, camcorder or laptop- get in touch now!
For more info please email snipped-for-privacy@iwcmedia.co.uk.
--
IWCMedia1

You'd think with those countless thousands leaving uni with a degree in media studies, there'd be the odd *new* idea around?
--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

London SW

On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:58:52 PM UTC+1, Ivan Dobsky wrote:

flipping them or being them, it's horses for course's :-)
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:14:26 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave
course's ?
--
Frank Erskine

On Wednesday, 26 June 2013 20:54:37 UTC+1, Frank Erskine wrote:

Which course will the horse be in. Yes as in meals 1st course, 2nd course ..... or courses such as antree or ascot...or findus lasagne
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:47:26 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

video

Come of it, they are still using "Animal Farm" for GCSE English Lit... No doubt the "DIY Disaster" programme is part of the Mejia Studiz Kerickulem.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On Wednesday 26 June 2013 13:47 Dave Plowman (News) wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Or even an educational angle - like, say, actually showing people how to do stuff instead of yet another "film person being a bit of a twonk" show.
Now, a skilful programme maker could do something that actually showed how to do things in detail and still be interesting.
But, I suspect none of the current media studies oiks can manage that - what with them being too dense to study a proper subject at university.

On 26/06/2013 15:03 Tim Watts wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Bucknell

Tim Watts wrote:

It's times like this I miss Paul my last next door neighbour.
--
Adam

Adam wrote:

I think this flat was formerly owned by Paul's brother the sparky.
Owain
Tim Watts wrote:

Last time this sort of posting appeared I mentioned I'd seen such a program me some years ago, a couple of professionals who went around pointing out a ll the nonsense in typical DIY attempts. I can't remember what it was calle d, and it was probably cancelled quickly for being too sensible.
JGH

Might be more fun a couple of decent DIYers going round pointing out where 'pros' have cut corners and done some of their typical tricks to either save money or make sure they get more work out of the job at a later date?
--
*You know you're a redneck if your home has wheels and your car doesn't.

On Thursday 27 June 2013 10:23 Dave Plowman (News) wrote in uk.d-i-y:

I'm liking that!

On 6/27/2013 5:23 AM, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I might actually watch a show like that.

Yeah; where is the British Bob Vila these days? Tommy Toolbag Walsh seems to have dropped out of sight.
Yes, and its not the first time this one has benn on the news groups either.
Maybe we should suggest some inovative reality shows.
Politicians school, A bit like the apprentice but attempting to find people who really can get stuff done other than putting thier mouths in the trough. Or..
Learn English and win a prize. This one for all our E European immigrant friends. Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Dave Plowman (News)" < snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk> wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

The working ones learn English, usually pretty quickly and pretty well.
A diet programme aimed at council estate residents might be entertaining. The prize could be some trousers that don't have an elasticated waistband and "adidike" down the legs.
Owain
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:47:26 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"

The TV schedules are flooded with crappy 'reality' TV, 'talent' shows, soaps and other shit. To the OP: make something useful like a real science programme that doesn't patronise the viewer, doesn't mainly consist of a presenter standing on the top of a mountain filmed by a circling helicopter, and actually includes some real science.
Or a 'how to do it properly' DIY programme as others have suggested.
--
(\__/) M.

Hear, hear. I actually turned "Horizon" off last night. So dumbed down as to be intolerable.
--
Today is Pungenday, the 32nd day of Confusion in the YOLD 3179
RIP: Richard Burton Matheson (February 20, 1926 – June 23, 2013)