Brand new TV show celebrating the best in disaster-prone DIY!

New Horizon format.
State a fact. Play loud music. Show irrelevant image. State same fact. Play very loud music
Repeat until anyone with an IQ larger than shoe size has thrown remote at TV.
I had hopes for the programmes about continents. Watching them one after another on the media player *really* shows up the poverty of the content.
They could have done all three shows in one half hour programme.
--
<•DarWin><|
_/ _/

The worst was a recent series on geology (can't remember the programme title). All the 'useful' bits (graphs etc) were shown in short bursts of about 1 second each and the programme maker had deliberately added noise/interference/special effects to make them even harder to see.
--
(\__/) M.
On 27/06/2013 12:48, Mark wrote:

Don't they love cameras attached to the exteriors of cars so you get wonderful views of rotating wheels and a bit of scenery if you are lucky. Really helps to explain the topic fully.
--
Rod

On 27/06/2013 13:08, polygonum wrote:

they are there either..
because the "star" wanted to test drive the car
or
they are cheap cuts from a library and cost next to nothing to fill in the gap between ads.
dennis@home wrote:

or
They just like to stick on a GoPro simply because they can.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
On 27/06/2013 11:04, Huge wrote:

I turned on the TV at 3am about a week ago and there were some back to back "arts" programmes. I don't know who the presenter was but she elevated patronising to a new art form.
I turned off when I realised that there was no hope for me when I thought the abstract work painted by a genius looked as though someone had vomited on a canvas. .
--
mailto:newsadmac(dot}myzencouk

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 10:05:39 AM UTC+1, Mark wrote:

The OP isn't capable of it. Even promoted tv diy experts like Mr Walsh are generally not that good at it. Diy on tv is seldom good. Norm Abram knows h is stuff, but builds pointless junk in melamine and tends to be boring.
To the tv channels: Instead of taking on naive students with very little sk ill, look for genuine diy experts already out there, such as retirees. Fred Dibnah should have taught you that old geezers can be interesting, informa tive, expert and captivating, even to a relatively young audience.
NT

Eff off.
--
Today is Boomtime, the 31st day of Confusion in the YOLD 3179
RIP James Joseph Gandolfini, Jr. (September 18, 1961 – June 19, 2013)
On 26/06/2013 12:14, IWCMedia1 wrote:

<>
I was wondering about cutting plastic pipe with a hacksaw and consequent flooding. But that, of course, was a professional job... :-)
--
Rod

Have we not been here before? Did we not suggest this was some person attempting to get others to do their research for them?
Did I not already hear DIY disasters on TV already in Bizarre ER?
Brian
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"IWCMedia1" < snipped-for-privacy@iwcmedia.co.uk> wrote in message
IWCMedia1 wrote:

As you'll have realised by now, this newsgroup is full of grumpy old gits who wouldn't let anyone see their DIY disasters because they'd be embarrassed. Most of us wouldn't know how to work a video camera anyway, and as for having a phone that makes movies! Ha!
Bill

Yep we do things right 'cos we can.
I rather take exception to the notion that anyone who engages in DIY has a disaster.
Unlike some TV productions these days of course .. faultless all of them eh;!...
--
Tony Sayer

+1.
--
Frank Erskine

And it is full of grumpy old gits (wears medal with pride) who can tell the difference between a newsgroup and a website that sucks up other peoples content (OP posted via DIY Banter, which could be probably shows the level of clue they are looking for).
Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain
On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:14:37 +0200, IWCMedia1 wrote:

You seem to be a bit thick.
People on here ask questions if they are unsure about a job. Questions get answered and jobs get done correctly.
We would find some of your d-i-y disasters hilarious, no doubt, knowing what we know. But you won't find disasters on here.
As others have said - change your remit. Make a programme about how to do things properly for once and you might even find some volunteers. Otherwise fuck off.
> IWCMedia1
Note they only want disasters. The only news is bad news.

They could do a prog about that insulated box you live in Harry;!...
--
Tony Sayer

They already have. Didn't you see it?
(Laughing all the way to the bank)

No do tell...

With our money;(...
--
Tony Sayer

If those progs were shown today, Bucknall would be pilloried for the bodger he was.
--
*Why do overlook and oversee mean opposite things? *