Brand new TV show celebrating the best in disaster-prone DIY!

Yeah; where is the British Bob Vila these days? Tommy Toolbag Walsh seems to have dropped out of sight.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

One thing to be said in his favour - he simply panel-pinned hardboard over Victorian doors. Hardboard which could easily be removed thirty years later. The other stuff he made was a product of the times - dreadful taste though it was, it wasn't all his fault.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

On Friday 28 June 2013 13:55 Grimly Curmudgeon wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Been there, undone that.

Tommy would have wanged it on with SticksLikeSh*t and it would have come off with half the door still attached.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Checking out their webshite, they are already responsible for every dreadful dumbed down load of s**te about houses and DIY that has been broadcast.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Watched my Dad do that :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I turned on the TV at 3am about a week ago and there were some back to back "arts" programmes. I don't know who the presenter was but she elevated patronising to a new art form.

I turned off when I realised that there was no hope for me when I thought the abstract work painted by a genius looked as though someone had vomited on a canvas. .

Reply to
alan