Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Sunspot Cycle 25 to be a powerful one ?
I think its already started. Its very difficult to know as if we get lucky and the sun shoves its massejections in another direction as it did a couple of weeks back then you have no immediate issue....
10
10

Yet another one for Adam
Can someone help me with a problem please? I don't know what to do. Opposite the late MIL?s bungalow is a fairly newly built House. Until today, I did not know that the bathroom is at the front of the...
15
15

OT: QuoteCollapse in Thunderbird
I've been using a Thunderbird extension called "quotecollapse", but after last night's Thunderbird update it no-longer works. Is there anything else that will collapse all the guff that people quote...
10
10

Polishing stainless steel
I need to polish stainless steel .... these are large (15" propellers) They are new ... but the stainless has not had a huge effort into polishing during manufacture (annoying at £1400 a set) a lot...
12
12

OT: zero carbon
lot of interesting, if nerdy, stuff in here. National Grid's future energy scenarios present a very different world, with major changes in consumer behaviour required for net-zero.
2
2

How to break into stuff, freely available on Youtube?!
if a female nipple is visible on Youtube, they delete the video, but if it shows you how to steal stuff from people, that's fine. Nice priorities Youtube. https://www.covertinstruments.com
13
13

Foot switches for double lights
We have a couple of standard lamps with an uplighter and integrated flexible reading lamp. Both foot switches for these have failed in the same way - all the moulded plastic "lugs" in the top of the...

OT Vaccine Recording
Hi all Has anyone heard of an intention to collect the names and details of those who have been given the vaccine? So far all I have heard is that a certificate will be issued. If this operation isn't...
29
29

Totally OT - BAME Covid Attitude
Hi all I am interested to hear whether other readers have had the same experience regarding the attitude to Covid Guidance. This is not a racial slur. I have close neighbours and relatives who would...
17
17

CFL failures
AIUI, the Compact Fluorescent Lamps, which have replaced the incandescent Edison / Swann inventions consist, of an inert tube driven by high voltage electronics in the base. When they fail, is it then...
18
18

Odd MWay gantry sign messages
On the way home from work today I say NOTTS REDUCE TRAVEL and further north SOUTH YORKS REDUCE TRAVEL Why?
37
37

SWA to shed
I've agreed to help a relative install a supply to a shed and an outdoor socket. A couple of years ago they had an extension built as well as other improvements to their property. The electrician who...
11
11

Doorbell cams?
I recently signed up to a neighbourhood group and it seems that people are 'catching' images of miscreants trying to steal garden Xmyth decorations on their (Ring typically it seems) doorbell cams....
40
40

Odd battery problem
Decided to charge the (engine) battery in my camper - its hasn't been started in a year. Voltage on battery is 12v., If I apply a charger it goes to 25V and no current is being drawn ??? How can that...
14
14

Free chainsaw.
I took my 17 year old Stihl M180 (12" saw) in to fix a fuel starvation problem. They said it needed a : - carb repair kit, - a new fuel filter, - a new chain oil pump, - the chain sprocket was worn...