Free chainsaw.

I took my 17 year old Stihl M180 (12" saw) in to fix a fuel starvation problem.

They said it needed a :

- carb repair kit,

- a new fuel filter,

- a new chain oil pump,

- the chain sprocket was worn and

- a 'needle bearing' needed replacing. Presume that's the main bearing in the chain drive

It starts, but doesn't run that well due to the fuel issues. I stripped the carb and cleaned it and it was ok for half an hour before it started playing up again.

Motor is good - plenty of compression. Good spark

So I bought a new one.

However if your eyesight and fingers are better than mine, you can probably fix it really well for less than 50 quid parts.

So free to collect (West Suffolk) or for cost of postage to anyone who can use it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher