Some advice on my broken strimmer please

Hi all I am new here , fairly new to the love of gardening , my boss gave me a komatsu strimmer it's quite old and won't start , I've stripped carb down cleaned it and put fresh fuel/2stroke in it it had a spark but wasn't very strong so replaced spark plug it has compression ,jus won't start at all couple things I've noticed wen I stripped carb n tried to pull it , it was spitting fuel out exhaust and web I stopped milky white fuel was dropping out over flow , does any one have any ideas on what to try next ? Thanks guys kane

Reply to
Kane hughes

It does seem like an awful lot of fuel is goin into it , wen I tipped it in its back loads came out overflow I shall do hat you have suggested and post back what I find thanks for your reply

Reply to
Kane hughes

What's a strimmer, and why would your boss give you one... is a strimmer like a hummer?

Reply to
Brooklyn1

A strimmer is what you call a weed wacker

Janet

Reply to
Janet

Wacker... now you're really getting sexual! ;)

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Just translating into a term you're very familiar with. Oh, and "wee" denotes the miniature size of your dwacker.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet

I feel this conversation is moving away form strimmers/weed wackers ha

Reply to
Kane hughes

Wacker is sexual? You Yanks sure are weird.

Reply to
FarmI

:-)) Perhaps he just can't spell?

We've had US 'spookish' type bases here for a long time but not so's you'd really notice. Probably the worst thing about them is that they don't really support the local (small town) economies. If the Marine base does buy local then they might be welcome by the Northern Territorian residents. I must admit I'd rather all furriners stopped buying our farmland or trying to put troops or spooks here, and I'm especially jaundiced about US spooks since their meddling caused the Constitutional crisis here in 975, but we're a little place economically and population wise so we really don't have too many options but to roll over.

Thanks. I think we all might need it given the still simmering sovereign debt issues.

Reply to
FarmI

Reply to
Kane hughes