ONE apus lost over 1000 containers

I wonder where they are going to wash up ?

Those yellow plastic bath ducks are still doing the rounds years after the container holding them went overboard.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Great news about 54 container loads of fireworks that are now damp squibs and it will be interesting to know what the batteries will do in that sort of density, in a steel box filled with salt water?

Would the ethanol likely be in drums in a std shipping container or one of those bulk liquid / gas containers set in a std ISO container frame?

Either way I'm assuming if not damaged (and it looks like some containers were) might they turn up somewhere in time (would the ethanol help the containers float)? [1]

Faring much better than the thousands of cows in the previous ship spillage then. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

[1] When quite young I threw a 15kg Calor gas bottle into the water assuming it would sink and I could use the tether to help swim down ... except it floated. ;-(
Reply to
T i m

Are they really still appearing? I know at the time they provided useful information on ocean currents, but surely they've long since been encrusted with barnacles, seaweed etc and been eaten by whales and sharks.

Chris Hogg

At least the cows are feeding the fish and completing their role in the carbon cycle, unlike the plastic quackers !

Reply to
Andrew

Oh, I was reading the title, and thinking - oh, someone's bad day in Docker....

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz