Subject Author Posted Replies

Adhesive/filler to take a rawlplug+screw ?
The screw for the curtain pole managed to pull out today as I opened the curtains. The rawlplug had really only gone into the plaster. I'm not sure of the construction of the window frame, but there...
24
24

Has Graham Norton got a sore throat ?
Just tuned into Virgin DAB to listen to Graham Norton and noticed an immediate change in his voice, almost as if he has a sore throat. Then I pressed INFO on my Denon DM41 and I see that he is being...
8
8

OT: Why don't washing machines pump dry?
Well, I really do not see why it all has to go to the bottom of the machine in the first place, surely level with the drum bottom would be enough, with a genital slop. That way you could get a bowl...
20
20

Poking tools
I have some insulation to push into some awkward spaces, including through a narrow (~1") aperture. Insulation (even PIR) is not known for its rigidity under compression. I'm probably looking at...
19
19

Any roofers here?
I'm starting to plan a garage extension (it's used as a workshop and I'm running out of space) and am trying to decide whether to go for roof trusses or to cut the roof on site. The garage roof is...
6
6

How to remove cells from drill battery
Hi All, I am considering re-calling a 12V Drill battery. I?ve had a quick look, and hit a snag. I can?t figure out how to get two of the cells out of the ?turret?. I have put a couple of pictures up...
12
12

Now what have I done? (Windows 10)
I think I've changed something, somewhere, that I shouldn't have done. Using Explorer, I browse countless photos (jpg) and, using View, usually select Large Icons or Extra Large Icons, but for the...
12
12

Killing the odour of creosote
Got creosote on some corduroy trousers while painting a fence. Swmbo says she washed them in her precious Miele, but on the past she has refused to use it for clothes that were too dirty, they still...
8
8

Printers (slightly OT)
Pissed off with Ebuyer and Lexmark. At the beginning of December my cheap Brother mono laser had a toner leak inside. Changed the cartridge but still making messy prints, I was too busy to grovel...
50
50

Flo gas
I have installed flogas bottle in my calor fir which ran out but the burners won't light but pilot light is on
3
3

OT Youtube downloaders
On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 19:06:27 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." <> wrote: just fine the last time I used it. You can choose mp3 or mp4 downloads. ytdownload.net is a free service created to help you find and...
13
13

Portable Carbon Monoxide tester?
We have a mains powered CO tester in the same room as our log burner. However I am wondering if there is a sensitive portable CO tester which is good. <>is an example after a quick search. The main...
13
13

Crikey. We have a little gas capacity left
It's cold. FUCKING cold. The Dutch interconnector is borked. French and Belgian interconnectors running flat out. Wood burners flat out. Hydro and pumped nearly flat out. Nuclear as flat out as the...
34
34

Lidl plus app - life hack?
Just about worth having but a faff messing with your phone at their already frenetic checkouts! Anyway I was wondering... I launched the app, took a screenshot, got it onto my PC, cropped & printed it...
3
3

Was someone after a stubby cordless screwdriver?
I recall a post...... These are in Lidl, Chorley at least. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KmIv0_3YQM-6Dl8ZDgssTI3FNHqYSWlr/view?usp=sharing
14
14