Flo gas

I have installed flogas bottle in my calor fir which ran out but the burners won't light but pilot light is on

Reply to
Mrclion.

Fascinating I've never seen gas bottles installed in a fire.

Reply to
John J

Really? They replaced Paraffin heaters but really they do give off as much water vapour and pong so unless you experience power cuts a lot its not worth having them unless you love cleaning and decorating every few years. I do hope this thread is actually recent. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Portable gas heaters do shove out a fair bit of water vapour but they don't smell anything as strongly as a paraffin one.

Gas burns very clean compared to even a well adjusted and set up paraffin heater.

Probably not.

1) Has the "new" bottle got gas in it? 2) A portable heater normally runs on butane (blue bottles from Calor). Butane won't vapourise at low temperatures. If this new cylinder has been stored outside or in an unheated garge it might be too cold to vapourise at a rate suffcient for the burners but OK for the pilot. Wait for it to warm up. 3) Lump of crud blocking the outlet valve. Remove the regulator and push the pin down in the centre of the connection on the cylinder. Fairly powerful jet of gas should emerge. Don't have you face over it and probably best to do outdoors...
Reply to
Dave Liquorice