Killing the odour of creosote

Got creosote on some corduroy trousers while painting a fence. Swmbo says she washed them in her precious Miele, but on the past she has refused to use it for clothes that were too dirty, they still pong a bit. Personally i don't mind the smell of creosote, goes well with a dash of Jeyes fluid, but she witters on about it.

Reply to
fred

sugarsoap? traffic film remover?

Check labels of household cleaners for trisodium phosphate or trisodium nitrilotriacetate

Reply to
Andy Burns

I find rotting fish tends to mask other odours pretty well.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Just hang it out on a washing line for a day or two.

Reply to
alan_m

Febreze swamps everything, but personally I would prefer the smell of creosote to Febreze.

Milk spilt under the fridge or a kitchen unit becomes pretty over-powering after a while.

Reply to
Andrew

Many of their products are heavily perfumed but their "Fresh Cotton" is fairly neutral - but seldom seen on the shelves.

Reply to
alan_m

I always use it. Nothing better at getting sweaty smells out of upholstery. Not sure about creosote tho.

Id rub in a mixture of paraffin and washing up liquid. Or swarfega.

Then wash again

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It is quite a sticky substance, I'd have though some form of so called dry cleaning might fix it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I'm glad that so called nice pong is hated by others as well. Its bland and slightly chemical. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa