Subject Author Posted Replies

Celotex on wooden garage doors
I spend quite a lot of time in my workshop cum garage that is attched to the house. I wanted to make it warmer in the winter and a couple of years ago I fitted 2" thick Celotex panels on the inside of...
27
27

Statues
Based on Colson and the BBC statue would it be ok to go and smash up the nearest Volkswagen ? ....
13
13

power factor
Can anybody explain power factor when it comes to 3w and 5w led bulbs and why a smart meter will charge you the same for both of them...keep it simple I'm not very bright....get it ...bright...tee hee
37
37

SOT (as not DIY): car question
I am the proud owner of a Nissan Micra (K12 era). The rear section of the heatshield has fallen off. The garage say they cannot refit it because the mountings are corroded. He says it will be a very...
33
33

Towels
What ever happened to those spring loaded towel machines you used to see everwhere .....?
13
13

Corned Beef
and it took this long to find out there is no corn in corned beef, and yet you think you know the answers to all our ills.
51
51

Corn Beef
I was recently distressed to find there is no corn in corn beef
48
48

VERY red sky in UK, from Galapagos volcano?
I just saw the reddest ever sky this evening, when I went outside it was like walking into a room containing only red lightbulbs. Every object around me was red. The only reason I can find for this is...
29
29

Cars should cut out if they run out of vital fluids!
Why don't cars switch themselves off if they run out of oil or coolant? It is funny watching them try to keep going though. computer will shut down or throttle if the CPU overheats, yet car...
62
62

Baxi Bermuda back boiler
Hi i have a baxi back boiler that switched itself off lastnight. Relight the pilot light this morning it burns nice and blue. Started the burner (again nice blue flame) the whole thing clicks and...
2
2

Anaglypta - ready mix adhesive?
We've some tatty walls at work that I want to freshen up so will be going with Anaglypta. Is it going to be an easier job if I use ready mixed wallpaper adhesive vs appropriately mixed paste? I've...
11
11

OT: Small desktop for Mint
In the eventuality that I want to run Linux Mint on a desktop, what I'd be looking for would be a box similar to my Mac Mini (about 8" square, 1.5" high), with internal power supply, 16GB RAM, 256GB...
24
24

Glass conservatory with sliding doors
We have a glass canopy installed the roof is all glass and there are 14 sliding doors all the way round so they can open in the summer we are unsure of what we can use to heat it in the winter though...

GCH query
My central heating failed but hot water still working OK. An engineer is coming to replace synchron motor. Do I also need to replace one or both heads, as engineer recommends? I've been quoted £120...
54
54

SuperFoil at aldi and skillbuilder
aldi are selling superfoil it good? See also Roger Bisby Skill Bu8ilder at and experience please... George https://www.aldi.co.uk/superfoil-insulation-wrap/p/809923591357700is Byron Lawson from...