Subject Author Posted Replies

Can a laptop LCD screen crack without abuse?
A neighbour has a laptop (Lenovo Edge E520) that has the classic LCD shattered symptom, their kid says it's never been hit to cause this. There is a defective item warranty on it. On the third year....
6
6

Interior wall opinions
I need to make good some interior walls. Easiest way (in that I could do it myself) is timber and plasterboard, just wondering what others would do/have done.
15
15

labour is cheap ?
Just watched 2 labourers take 5 hours to mix about 3 cubic metres of concre te by hand for a trench foundation next door. It would be a whole days work including transporting the materials. I'm not...
1
1

Slipping a lock
Very common job with me, mortice latch on internal door fails in closed position, customer can't get into bedroom/lounge/etc. Good little earner. I've always sorted it by prising off the slam strip...
21
21

Wallpaper pattern repeats
Funny how this business goes, haven't wallpapered for about 6 months, then three jobs in a fortnight. All involving the currently fashionable 'feature wall' with paper having giant flowers on. The...
10
10

Cutting skirting mitres
Any general recommendations on tools for cutting skirting boards? Skirting can be taller than most things we might want to mitre. For skirting the three options I can think of, along with their...
26
26

OT Moving stuff
3 very short but amazing clips. Imaginative Incredible Inventive http://www.chonday.com/Videos/biketruload2#.U8avtmaMqKk.email http://www.chonday.com/Videos/bubikelo2#.U8aw81P6J0U.email Taiwan movers...
5
5

OT Pix from round the world.
http://www.sillyprillygifts.com/wordpictures/wow.html
3
3

Of Stiffed Fish and Cheshire Cats..
Yer the big fish got stiffed Sturgeon for later eh.. .. I missed that one.. Cheers mr Natural,, I was thinking of Nick Robinson.... but would add Rifkind and Cameron to my kitty list.. .. And oh,, the...
6
6

OT - Digital camera and a Currys warranty
I wonder if any of the group could tell me if they have ever purchased one of the Currys warranty schemes that promise the earth if something goes wrong and how did they fare when they needed to use...
48
48

The continuing hard drive worries.
Right, if you have all finished stressing about Scotland.... back to my computer problems. As has been pointed out, Towers with Windows 7/32bit are readily available on the refurbished market. What...
145
145

Metal panel roofing
A few months back, we had the roof on an outbuilding replaced. Off came the old asbestos cement corrugated panels, on went metal corrugated panels. Looked to be a nice easy job, to the level that I...
8
8

Dremel's $1000 2D printer
I see that Dremel have announced a $1,000 3D printer: I've been wondering when 3D printing will start to become mainstream for a few years now. Not sure if this is cheap enough or good enough yet...
9
9

Making a 150C oven
I've a piece of corian I want to use for a bathroom window cill - it came from a collection of off-cuts I got some time ago. Unfortunately the 650mm length (the width is ~150mm) has a bow of about...
11
11

OT Auto boxes and engine revs
Hi, Have a loan auto version of my own car whilst that is having lots of money spent on repairs. Not really driven many autos in the past and never the same make/model/engine. What does an auto box,...
35
35