labour is cheap ?

Just watched 2 labourers take 5 hours to mix about 3 cubic metres of concre te by hand for a trench foundation next door. It would be a whole days work including transporting the materials. I'm not sure how much readymix costs these days, but it should give some idea how much the labourers are gettti ng paid. They mixed it *very* wet - probably to speed up the job. One of the guys was a little old probably Indian man with glasses who looke d far too weak to do the job ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Dunno what the agency charged "our" company but the agency pays the unskilled labourers £7.00 an hour. Never has such a job description been more accurate.

Reply to
ARW