Wallpaper pattern repeats

Funny how this business goes, haven't wallpapered for about 6 months, then three jobs in a fortnight.

All involving the currently fashionable 'feature wall' with paper having giant flowers on.

The pattern repeats on these are huge! 64cm in one case. Two of the jobs required the customer to zoom out and buy another roll because you only get 3 drops per roll and the 'how many rolls do I need' calculators don't allow for such huge repeats.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Not my skill but two rolls and alternate?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I did try that, but the repeat was simply too big.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Been better off just using plain and decorating the flowers manually afterwards!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

So back to the 1980's? It'll be coloured bathroom suites next.

Reply to
harryagain

Hung loads of patterned paper in my time and I'm convinced the the manufacturers make the pattern repeat long enough to ensure wasted paper on normal height walls, especially with the trendy big pattern stuff.

Reply to
Davidm

Looking at house for sale details and you do keep seeing Avocado...

(I certainly found avocado more acceptable than chocolate brown bathroom ware or black sinks. But only by a tiny margin.)

Reply to
polygonum

I rather liked avocado. brown and orange were my most hated, and mauve

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They learned that technique from Coleman's Mustard.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

But at lesat they made good lamps.

Reply to
Bob Eager

That sometimes works if the pattern is staggered so that the next length needs to be hung half a pattern repeat lower than the previous length. Doesn't help if the pattern match is straight across.

Sod's law usually dictates that each drop is N and a bit patterns - so that you waste nearly a whole pattern between lengths.

Reply to
Roger Mills