Subject Author Posted Replies

OT any ideas who manufactures this door slab?
We have a dispute with a company who refuses to give us the manufacturers details of the door slab below. Any ideas who the manufacturer is? Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos,...
5
5

Male to male cables
My brother sent me these pictures of a cable he found today plugged in (but not switched on!) on MoD property (barrack block utility room). Ignoring H&S, anyone know what the connector is actually...
25
25

New petrol chainsaw - what to go for?
I'm in the market for a new petrol chainsaw. When I say 'petrol' I mean 2-stroke (I suppose!). My old one is an Alko - had it 30 years, used maybe 4 times a year for odd jobs (pruning and firewood...
25
25

spotted in a flat
Bill https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11023364/20150203_142623.jpg
8
8

Tank Installation (was Domestic heating oil tank blockage)
Comments invited on this tank installation: Explore stingray666@rocketmail.com's 12 photos on Flickr!
13
13

Roofing felt v temperature
It looks like I may have a weather window to allow me to refelt the shed roof, next 3 days forecast as dry. My intention is get the old stuff off over 2 days and then replace. One issue maybe the...
11
11

Hot water bottles
SWMBO bought a couple of hot water bottles. Made in England, which is good. But they both say to Not use boiling water, nor to use water from the domestic hot water system, as this may damage them....
24
24

Oil level sensor
My "Watchman Sonic" oil level sensor is reporting an error, which I assumed was "low battery" since it is (i) several years old & (ii) very cold (hence low battery output) & (iii) it started working...
4
4

Outdoor HD PTZ IP Camera at a sensible price?
Can anyone recommend an outdoor pan and tiltable reasonable definition camera that has inbuilt webserver facilities that doesn't cost a king's ransom? Andrew
9
9

Hope B&Q didn't pay for their web site revamp
can't find anything on it - but I bet the CEOs wife likes it. Are they running the firm down ?
4
4

worcester 30SI or Baxi Duo tec 33HE A
Going from oil to gas and two quotes received one for worceste 30si and other for Baxi 33 HE. Now I know nothing about gas boilers and wondered if the two were comprable or is one much better than the...
13
13

OT Advice Sought on Projectors
Anyone in here have any experience in this field. Looking at budget up to £500 for use in a meeting room holding 60 - 70 people. Screen is approx 3 metres wide, Projector will sit about 4 metres...
35
35

USB Endoscope viewing software
I've just had a cheap USB endoscope/snake camera delivered. WinXP's control panel has 'Scanners and Cameras', which allows me to see a tiny view of what the camera sees, but there has to be a better...
19
19

Double insulated wall light?
I bought some metal wall lights and when I came to fit them, discovered that the fitting instructions state that they are "double insulated", hence no protective earth connection is needed. There are...
24
24

Compact automatic pump for dehumidifier output?
I finally got round to buying the dehumidifier often recommended here (DD122 Simple). I'm temporarily using it upstairs but will want to move it permanently to the cellar, where I want to connect the...
3
3