spotted in a flat

Given I occasionally come across 3" blocks, I'm not surprised it doesn't happen more often!

Reply to
Fredxxx

That's one of those plastic nosed wood worm... ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

/Was it a party wall?

Owain/q

Send word for the big hammer :-) :-) :-)

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Reminds me of when I helped my friend put up a bathroom cabinet in his first house. It featured in my Best Man speech.

Reply to
Graham.

No, there was a bathroom on the other side. I have no other details. My spy didn't like to ask further questions as the resident might think we could make trouble for them with the landlord.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

My first father of the bride speech was mostly about the time when the groom, who was illicitly sleeping with my then 17 year old daughter, walked in his sleep and got into bed with me. I merely moved across to make room and went back to sleep, ignoring his amorous advances. I was in-between him and the wife, so not unduly concerned. In the morning when I woke he had left the house, and did not return for a week. Nothing was ever said, until I made my speech seven years later. The incident came as news to my daughter, who nearly fainted. The groom's friends absolutely pissed themselves.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

A friend of mine tells the story of when he lived in a terrace of Victorian houses and the residents were being bugged by Cavity Wall Insulation installers, who were offering a "good deal" if the terrace all had it done together.

After a lot of badgering, the residents finally agreed, and the Monday morning came...

No sooner had the installers started drilling at the first house than the householder came out and said "do you know your drill head's in my living room?".

As the residents knew, but the installers failed to check, the walls weren't cavity.

So one resident got their living room redecorated and the cavity wall people stopped canvassing that street.

Reply to
mark.bluemel