mystery plant

This thing has sprung up. Does anyone know what it is?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Euphorbia springs to mind...

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

spot on I think

The Natural Philosopher

Thank you gentlemen! Some of those here were sceptical when I said I could find out almost instantly by consulting the group. Anyway I've removed the plant. I wonder where it came from.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No suspicious activity on the CCTV?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Yup. But handle with care. When stems are cut or broken they exude copious amounts of milky sap to which a lot of people react badly if they get it on their skin.

Wear gloves and long sleeves if removing it, and keep your hands away from your eyes. This, from
"All parts of the plant, including the seeds and roots are poisonous. Handling may cause skin irritation as the plant produces latex".

Said to repel moles (the little furry creatures that raise mounds of earth in the middle of your otherwise pristine lawn, and not lumps on your skin!)

Reply to
Chris Hogg

It grew in a very stealthy manner. The motion detectors didn't get it.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Somebody once said that weeds are infact just plants growing in the wrong place. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its a weed and its seeds get everywhere.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , ARW writes

Or gin. Poor cow.