Subject Author Posted Replies

The Last Man on the Moon
I seem to recall a number of people on here being interested in meetings/di nners with the Apollo astronauts. If you get chance I can recommend the f ilm 'The Last Man on the Moon' a documentary about...
10
10

painting plywood on walls of bathroom
Hi My bathroom walls are going to be finished with either tiles on marine ply or painted plaster on "Green" plasterboard. Now there is a tricky space beh ind the towel rail that protrudes too far. I...
7
7

FYI Saxton blades offer
http://www.saxtonblades.co.uk/index.php/bargain-the-month-c-135
2
2

Housebuilding & Renovating show at NEC
Anyone going this week? I've booked a ticket and may go on Thursday if nothing crops up ...

Blocking off unused pre-cast flue
Can anybody point me at any advice/regs regarding blocking off an unused pr e-cast flue? We inherited a centrally heated house with an additional gas fire in the lo unge. However its supply was later...
10
10

Circular saw blade type identification
Blocks of TC are brazed to each blade tip.
7
7

Something very like Perpetual Motion
The power to the aircon/radio is coming from the engine whether it's a belt drive direct from the engine, or a turbine bolted to to the bodywork being pushed by the air the car is driving past ...
34
34

Perpetual motion???
26
26

How to permanently untwist a pine plank?
Is there a way to permanently remove a twist from a 9" x 1" pine plank? It' s a nice planed piece, but one end is about 10 degrees out-of-true to the o ther end. If I was using it as a floorboard, it...
9
9

OT: Charlize Theron
If you ever wondered how much of her was legs, take a look at the May edition of GQ's front cover (scroll down): Meanwhile, back at the workbench... Men's fashion & style brought to you by industry...
7
7

OT: travel to Croydon
Very off topic I know, but I don't do it very often! My son has to attend an important meeting in Croydon on Monday, and I have to take him (we have to be there by 0930). Also two other people. The...
37
37

Brilliant TV (OT)
On the National Geographic Channel Air Crash Investigation Great visuals - little dumbing down - good casting.
2
2

Load shedding, another approach
this time in Venezuela: NT Redirect Notice
1
1

OT Wooden skyscraper???!!!
The 80-storey, 300m-high wooden building would create 1,000 new residences
3
3

5th time lucky for Mr Musk (landing used rocket on a barge)
Bloody impressive:
8
8