Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Moon and Jupiter (2023 Update)
The bright star just to the right of the crescent Moon is Jupiter.
47
47

Tuya WiFi M616EGWT (2023 Update)
as in .. (again) at home automation to ease life for SWMBO. Since it seems "difficult" to get automation for vertical blinds that can open/close & tilt, we're looking at the idea of simply automating...
19
19

Why don't we have spherical wheels on computer chairs, which would easily rotate in any direction, like the ones in the old mice?
Why don't we have spherical wheels on computer chairs, which would easily rotate in any direction, like the ones in the old mice?
49
49

seeking teardown info for Quinetic doorbell QUDB
Hi all as per the subject - I would like to dismantle one of these battery-free door bells, but can't find any info on it, to my surprise. I think Big Clive did a teardown of some switches using...
8
8

had to larf....tee hee
For in the states are getting crusified for producing electic pick ups that when they roll over crush the occupants due to the weight of the batteries......
2
2

Kenwood dishwasher. Can anyone explain
The "logic" of putting the controls on the top edge of the door so the moment the dishwasher is running you lose sight of it. In particular the time remaining display. I notice this design isn't...
19
19

[OT] EVs and the used car market
Business news on the radio this morning contained an item about the state of the car market in 2022. One surprise was a comment that of all used cars, EV values were falling the fastest. Although the...
37
37

Mounting a TV on the wall
I was asked to mount a new Philips 43 inch TV on the wall and the owner presented me with a ridiculously small bracket which, even with the extension pieces provided, wouldn't fit the mounting holes...
6
6

OT:Lakeland Dual Basket Air Fryer
Lakeland Dual Basket Air Fryer As it's Xmas can I ask if anybody has one of these and what they think of it please. They are back in stock but I can't find any independent reviews which seems a bit...
42
42

Happy Christmas
As per subject :-)
34
34

Printng pdf (curious)
On a seasonal note (literally), I received a Christmas letter from my cousin as a pdf file. This was three pages long and included a lot of photographs. However, I could not get it to print. I tried...
14
14

Recommendations wanted for compound drill table
I want to add a compound table to my pillar drill and, as usual, have stumbled when trying to decide which to buy because of the variable reviews. Has anyone here bought one that they thought was...
3
3

led lights in cars
being happily behind the times and never worked or wanted a car with led lights what is the story with them?.....are any of the lights a standard size like bulbs?.....do you have to replace all of the...
114
114

Heating Oil, 2000 L tank vs 1000 and water
My near neighbour has a 5 year old 2000L oil tank. His pump to pressurise the kerosine failled two days ago. He spent today draining the water out of his 2000L tank. This is the second time he has had...
27
27

FYI: Energy Consumption Data (2023 Update)
Gas and electricity consumption data available to those with smart meters at seems pretty good (down to 30 minute intervals), but you do have to register with them and provide meter details.
8
8