FYI: Energy Consumption Data (2023 Update)

Gas and electricity consumption data available to those with smart meters at

It seems pretty good (down to 30 minute intervals), but you do have to register with them and provide meter details.

Reply to
RJH

My energy supplier (Octopus) provides that information in graphical form and as a data download. (download only available for Electricity usage)

Reply to
alan_m

I was very surprised that EON.Next whose IT is supposedly built using technology from Octopus does not prove the nice graphs and charts that Octopus do...

Reply to
David Wade

Probably because.....

[quote] This is where your data comes to life! Thanks for checking out our new consumption page, we're still actively working on this, so you can expect to see this page changing. If something isn't working quite right, don't worry - we're still working to make this better.

This page was built as part of Octopus Energy's Project Ada tech internship. [/quote]

https://octopus.energy/blog/ada-lovelace-tech-internship/

Reply to
alan_m

I asked Eon Next for my daily data and they sent me copies of bills . . .

Reply to
RJH

It lags the live data by around 24 hours, but nonetheless - useful.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I've started using/recommending n3rgy. No registration required

Robin

Yes a bit hard to see graphics when you are blind. I've noticed increased usage of this sort of thing going on of late. You really should be able to get it read out like you can on the meter itself via a voice. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Can also use the Loop app (loop.homes) on a smart phone. n3rgy is good and easy to access via scripts.

Ben

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf