Subject Author Posted Replies

[OT] Google cardboard on Youtube
I came across a few videos on Youtube which can be viewed using Google cardboard. I haven't heard of Google cardboard before although I now see it's been around for about a year. Is this worth getting...
7
7

Use of LPG for heating, tank siting
The house that I'm about to buy is not on mains gas and has an LPG tank for the (Keston) boiler and the hob. I haven't had to deal with LPG before so know nothing about it, but have happily worked...
19
19

Indaux drawer front brackets
Do especially anyone make a replacement draw front brackets to replace the indaux type that break too easy ?

Football Boot Stud Thread
Hi guys A colleague of mine came in cursing this morning cos his lad has stripped the thread on the insert in his football boot (£150 pair!). I told him for that price I'd expect Ronaldo's socks...
2
2

SCAM ALERT!
0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman doctor selling Glucosamine t ablets. Next time she rings, I will tell her my new phone number is 0044336 40040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per...
13
13

OT: 'Our Energy'. Is it going to work?
No. It's Tim "Just dim".
63
63

Planning application - side elevation
Next door have submitted a planning application for a large two-storey extension. However the architect's plans on the council website only show the side elevation from the left-hand side which is not...

OT. WW2 aviation Pix
http://www.vintagewings.ca/VintageNews/Stories/tabid/116/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/581/The-Right-Place-at-the-Right-Time.aspx
3
3

Fitting Finished Skirting
I need to fit the entire ground floor level with Finished (i.e. gloss paint ed) skirting I got from Wickes. Usual problem though is that the walls are uneven so skirting has varying g aps to the wall,...
4
4

Outdoor cable protector for cable across block paving
Due to various things we now need to run the orange 240V power cable for our caravan across the block paving where visitors walk to get to and from the front door. I recall black rubber cable trunking...
13
13

Elfin Safety
4
4

Your thoughts on Battery quality (AAA & AA)
Is there an appreciable difference in manufacturers? What are the advantaged/disadvantages of Alkaline? I use a Garmin GPS60 which in the set-up has the choice of alkaline or not battery set up. which...
15
15

Rambling thought
Whilst we mainly appreciate techie things, there is a system invention that I think is very clever! The humble SIM Card. Functionally unchanged since introduction Truely International In fact the...
25
25

OT: This week's auction
"Lot No: 1331 A Sony hi-fi sound system with speakers and a fish tank filter Estimate £20.00 - £30.00" A fish tank filter? Did it improve the sound from the speakers?
4
4

Cheap chinese smartphones
There's a Blackview in the family, a waterproof shockproof outdoor one. I think it's a 5000... Pro: Battery life is excellent, several days if cautious, more than one if doing all the smartphone...
28
28