Football Boot Stud Thread

Hi guys

A colleague of mine came in cursing this morning cos his lad has stripped the thread on the insert in his football boot (£150 pair!). I told him for that price I'd expect Ronaldo's socks thrown in!

Anyhow, he showed us the stud that fits the boot and it is approx 6mm diameter, but the thread is coarser than metric. He has tried contacting the manufacturer Adidas, but no response.

Any ideas on:

a) the thread size so he can get a tap to run into the insert

b) a tried and tested method for "repairing" the insert in the sole of the boot

Thanks

Phil

Reply to
thescullster

Hmm, a quick search suggests M5 or M6.

Just get a shoe repairer to replace the insert or DIY it.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Liquid metal is nearly as strong as metal, and if you grease the stud you can probably remove it as well if need be

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher