hi guys, Liesegang 2000 projector light went off

I just pulled out my old Liesegang 2000 projector. Havent used it in over 20years I put it on and light was on then as I was preparing the slides it went dead. Light off nothing. Probably about 5minutes. Im in Sydney any advice for me please

Reply to
Tammy Safi

Muck on lamp has trashed it due to hot spots. What bulb does it use? Some are dimmed in standby so the thermal shock is not too great, but I was very disappointed by projector lamp life back in the day. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Lamp life was sacrificed, for brighter, whiter light output. Projector lamp life was measured in tens of hours versus the thousands of normal lamps.

However, the op hasn't mentioned whether the cooling fan is running or not?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Always worth removing bulb , checking it and cleaning the contacts.

Reply to
Robert

I don't think Oz plugs have fuses do they ?, in which case, is the socket still live ?. Plug in a table lamp or something to check, and if OK, then it definitely is the projector.

Could be any number of things but a failed lead-free solder joint or dried-up electrolytic cap that is part of anti- interference could be a culprit. Apart from the other suggestions to remove and reinsert the bulb, there isn't much you can do without some basic tools like a multimeter.

Reply to
Andrew