SCAM ALERT!

0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman doctor selling Glucosamine t ablets. Next time she rings, I will tell her my new phone number is 0044336 40040407 - She will get billed at £2.50 per minute and I will string o ut each call to 15 minutes at a time!
£37.50 each weekday is almost £800 pcm.
http://www.swldxer.co.uk/scam.jpg
snipped-for-privacy@simonmason.karoo.co.uk wrote:

According to OFCOM, the 0336 range is unallocated, in any case all 03 numbers are charged at standard rates same as 01 or 02.

Be careful if calling from a mobile as they can cost up to 55p per minute depending on your provider. See: https://www.gov.uk/call-charges
Alan
--
snipped-for-privacy@argonet.co.uk
snipped-for-privacy@riscos.org
Alan Dawes wrote:

True, but that's still the same as standard 01/02 rates on those providers.
I y think you missed the point here. However scammers seldom listen to what you say, they just wont you to hear what they say, and are not foolish enough to ring premium rate numbers. They normally also block their own number so if the person has it they can bar it oon something like True call. Brrian
--
----- -
On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 11:34:21 AM UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:

How will they know 004433640040407 is premium rate?
snipped-for-privacy@simonmason.karoo.co.uk wrote:

They won't, because it isn't.
On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 6:25:56 PM UTC, Andy Burns wrote:

I have been too lenient on them.
http://www.globalmarinenet.com/cost-to-call-a-satellite-phone-from-a-cellphone/

You don’t know that they are calling from a cellphone.
Its very unlikely that their system allows them to call satphone numbers.

I'd have you publicly flogged if you hadn't so obviously enjoyed that the last time.
On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 9:34:34 AM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:

Above sorrow stands joy However Above the joyous untruth Stands the grievous truth Truth is sorrow Isn't sorrow the way to infinity?
wrote

Try that again in english when not completely pissed, I don’t read gobbledegook very well at all.
On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 08:45:49 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Not his work, it's his eclectic musical taste.
https://youtu.be/WOrNE9-avkU?t 2
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Then replace pissed with drugged out of their tiny little 'minds'
0207 1862 250 is a scam run by an Indian woman doctor selling Glucosamine tablets. Next time she rings, I will tell her my new phone number is 004433640040407 - She will get billed at ?2.50 per minute and I will string out each call to 15 minutes at a time!
?37.50 each weekday is almost ?800 pcm.
http://www.swldxer.co.uk/scam.jpg
Just type scam numbers into Google (without spaces, especially not in the wrong places like yours) to see lists of complaints from other victims.
--
Dave W

Why not get a call blocker like TrueCall?
I've not had a single spam call since.
--
*42.7% of statistics are made up. Sorry, that should read 47.2% *

Dave Plowman (News) expressed precisely :

Our Call Blocker has begun showing that someone tried to call from a number it describes as INTERNATIONAL, but never stores a number with it. It is set the only let through calls from its callbook. If they don't present a number it just rejects their call. Now how does it know, if no number is presented, that it is an international call?
All other callers have a number listed, even those using a spoofed phone number. Genuine callers, not in the list, can get through via a procedure of saying their name and me accepting or rejecting their call.
On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 16:26:44 GMT, Harry Bloomfield

Is this on a BT line? BT had an "issue" about trust of International numbers, and did not pass them to the subscriber. Other operators, particularly mobile operators happily presented them.
Looking at my Asterisk call logs which go back to the end of 2013 I can see 32 instances of the word INTERNATIONAL in the CLID "name" field (not the number field). About half of these don't have a presentation number and they all occur in or before Jan 2014. Then on and after December 204 there is another block of calls with "INTERNATIONAL" in the name field but this time with a number in the number field, many of which look wrongly formatted
Interestingly, the last one was in mid March 2015 and there have been no more INTERNATIONAL since.
I mess around a lot with my server, so I can't guarantee I havn't influenced the apperence and disaperence of these calls, but I don't think I have.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/g3zvt/2aM2Gr
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

You might be correct....
We never saw the INTERNATIONAL when on Talktalk, it began to appear since we moved to Plusnet which is BT (November/December), but only began to appear in the past few weeks.

No comment