Fitting Finished Skirting

I need to fit the entire ground floor level with Finished (i.e. gloss paint ed) skirting I got from Wickes.
Usual problem though is that the walls are uneven so skirting has varying g aps to the wall, up to about 8mm max. I normally pump in Caulk or White sea lant.
Am I missing something or is there a better or more efficient way.
I've not got round to fixing any yet but plan to use 'instant' grab adhesiv e but doubt it will hold the skirting tight in the concave sections. If I d rill and tighten the skirting then I destroy the advantage of using finishe d skirting as I'll have to caulk and paint over the screw holes.
Suggestions very welcome!
PS I'm using finished skirting because its over new laminate (and newly pla stered walls) so dread the thought of painting the skirting and getting pai nt on my new lam.
simon mitchelmore wrote:

As for your PS: I've painted skirting board over laminated floors several times. Just use masking tape on the laminated floor, pull the tape up as soon as you have finished painting and use a cloth and white spirit to clean up any creeping paint.
On 16/02/2017 17:56, simon mitchelmore wrote:

Any method of tightening the skirting will make it look awful, leave the skirting straight, caulk the gaps & paint.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman

On 16/02/2017 17:56, simon mitchelmore wrote:

Nope, that is the best way.
Fix it to the high points and fill any gaps. If you make it follow the contours of the wall then you just draw the eye to the irregularities in the wall.
--
Cheers,

John.

I'd say you'd be very lucky not to have to paint any corners, etc.
You could put some polythene sheet over the floor and under the skirting. Then remove after any touching up.
--
*How much deeper would the oceans be without sponges? *