Fitting curved/warped skirting

Hello, I am trying to fit high skirting (170mm high) boards to my walls. The problem is that the pine boards are all curved (a 'C' shape in profile). The boards are perfectly straight, but when I allign the middle of the skirting flush with the wall, the gaps at the top are too bik to caulk (around 10mm). When I make the top flush, the boards look more like coving (cos of the angle).

Any way round this? it's doing my head in!

Thanks a lot. Michael.

Reply to
Michael Ripley

it sounds like you are describing cupped boards.

either put the hollow side to the walls, use screws to pull the boards flat or get new boards....

Reply to
bridger