Elfin Safety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM32kvXaX0s

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 15:43:25 +0000, GB wrote:

For Brian's benefit this is a video of a bloke putting part of a tree trunk about 4 feet by 18 inches on a lathe and turning it down into a decorative column rather like a large chair leg. Looks very dodgy at the beginning due to the unbalanced shape of the log.
--
TOJ.

Reminds me of a Popeye cartoon from the 50s (or so). Conveyor belt with large solid metal cylinders (say 1ft long and 2ft diameter) arriving at a lathe which grabs each one and whittles it down to a small screw which drops onto the output conveyor belt.
--
"It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 18:00:25 +0000 (UTC), The Other John

On a much smaller scale, I got the same feeling the first time I saw a woodworking lathe in action, and the woodwork teacher turned a piece of twobitwo into a staircase spindle.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Apart from Italian restaurants, does anyone really need a pepper grinder that big?
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls