I'm trying to remove a kohler shower handle which has no set screws (2023 Update)

Re: I'm trying to remove a kohler shower handle which has no set screws open original image
Re: I'm trying to remove a kohler shower handle which has no set screws open original image

The handle that protrudes above the back plate actually has two parts - the bonnet (the thicker, onion-shaped base) and the actual handle that moves (see a snapshot from Kohler's manual below). The bonnet threads onto the valve, so you would need a strap wrench (or strong and dry hands :) ) to turn it counter-clockwise while holding the handle down. The handle is not detachable from the bonnet - they both come out when you completely unscrew the bonnet.

This is, obviously, a reverse of the installation procedure:

Good luck!

Reply to
homeowners

there is no space between the handle and the back plate to turn anything and the back plate hole is too small to slide over handle jim

Reply to
Anonymous

THE HANDLE I HAVE DOES NOT HAVE TWO PARTS OR A SET SCREW, HELP

Reply to
Anonymous

Is the handle glued on? I don't know the model # of ours but the handle came off and there are no screws.

Reply to
Anonymous

bill_via

Great info! Do you have part# for mixer & pressure unit? I see K15700 & K15701 for valve & 2 different pressure unit #’s.

Reply to
rockpyle