shower handle set screw what the heck?

Been staying with a friend. Shower in kids' bathroom which I have been using has no name handle for flow/temp control. It's loose. bothers me. went to fix it. it's an allen head screw, between 2.5 and 3mm and between 3/32" and 1/8" what gives? is there some special size used for plumbing set screws? 3mm is the one that is closest to fitting, but it is slightly too big. Could it be 7/64"? or is plumbing stuff now generally metric?

nate

(who has too many tools already, and yet again, I find that to do something incredibly simple, I either need to sacrifice a 3mm allen wrench to the mod gods, or else buy yet *more* tools...)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Yes, 7/64" is a standard allen wrench size. Go get one.

Good Luck,

Jeff

Reply to
jeff_wisnia

well hell. All of my good tools are packed away, and the biggest set that the local hardware store had (that I just bought to try, since the only ones I had in my little toolkit in my car were metric) didn't have that size.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel