Subject Author Posted Replies

Makita 3 and 4 Amp batteries interchangable??
Hello, I have several Makita LXT 18V tools, some of which are about 8 yeares old and their batteries (all 3 Amp) are not holding their charge as well as they did. I was thinking of replacing the...
5
5

Lubricating oil
How about the old 3 in 1 oil? No one mentioned 3 in 1 which has been around for ages.
7
7

Reality TV
Maybe Tim S and Dave P should apply :-)
2
2

OT Cris Hogg Wild Flower Seeds
Got a pack of 100% Wild Flower Seeds For General Purpose. 50grams. Cost over 10 quid, but they are perennial. My flower beds are weeded and sort of ready. Question is: How deep do I plant them? Couple...
22
22

AC
Since most cars are made with AC already fitted, why aren't they building houses this way?
39
39

Restoring garage floor
The floor of my recently inherited garage is in a bad way. The surface is disintegrating, liberating dust and aggregate, and leaving large but shallow depressions. The proper remedy would be to dig it...
15
15

Advice on Avondale Caravan Door Seal
Has anyone had found a supplier of the door seal on the 2007 Avondale 380/2 Dart caravan? The door is unusual as the inside edge has a curve which pushes into the seal as the door closes. This is...
1
1

Searching posts in Mozilla
There used to be a search button, but I cannot find, how do you search for a subject within a newsgroup please?
4
4

OT - Herpes deliveries
I am expecting a parcel via Hermes and the tracking shows two attempted deliveries. Both are at times when we were in. We have not had the traditional "card through the door" other courier companies...
33
33

Burning DVDs
It is some years since I made DVDs which could play on an ordinary domestic DVD player as well as PC, and have forgotten the software to use, and how best to do it. Any thoughts or recommendations?...
31
31

Adhesive for use in fridge
The milk shelf in our fridge - in the name of being adjustable (!?) is held in place by sliding onto some moulded rails on the door. With depressing inevitability, these have cracked and the shelf is...
12
12

Solar Power
"For the first time ever, the amount of electricity demanded by homes and businesses in the afternoon on Saturday was lower than it was in the night, because solar panels on rooftops and in fields cut...

tap tail connection fitting worry
Not a plumber. Mother's dripping kitchen tap, agreed to replace it. bought a nice £35 screwfix replacement mixer tap. Removed the old one including copper tap tails which of which the 15mm end went...
5
5

Connecting large loads
Hi All, Back in the olden days (70s), it was considered good practice to connect things like water heaters and washing machines using an SFCU rather than via a 13A Plug. My new dishwasher states it...
19
19

This seems effective and green.
It seems to run 24/7 and has done so far as I know, for at least 2+ years, but what do the experts think? We are staying just a short walk away from the installation.
23
23