Searching posts in Mozilla

There used to be a search button, but I cannot find, how do you search for a subject within a newsgroup please?

Reply to
Broadback

edit-> find ??

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There are two distinct search capabilities. Click the "Quick Filter" button to toggle the simple search on and off, and then use the button to select which bits the search applies to (sender, recipient, subject, and /or message body).

Alternatively, Edit -> Find -> Search Messages (or Ctrl+Shift+F) for the full on search with user selectable fields and combinations of terms etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Many thanks to you both, that was exactly what I required.

Reply to
Broadback

You might have toggled off the quick-search bar, try clicking on the 'funnel' icon in the top toolbar

that should also work

Reply to
Andy Burns