Lubricating oil

How about the old 3 in 1 oil? No one mentioned 3 in 1 which has been around for ages.

Reply to
Julio

White/black tin with small pictures of cycles,locks,lawnmowers, shears etc around it. Mum still has a tin in her garage from when we were kids!

There was also a penetrating oil version too in a yellow/black tin possibly with a red spout though it might not have been 3-in-one branded, not sure.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

Yes, even longer than 2004 which is when the thread you were replying to was originally posted.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

:-)

I'm pretty sure I was using it on bicycles in the 1960's. Distinctive smell from the anti rust additive.

Reply to
newshound

A rich girl uses Vaseline, a poor girl uses lard...

Reply to
Max Demian

Are you sure? Julio's post looks like a typical tardy HoH followup, but AFAICS, in this case it actually the OP.

Graham.

I think this is just a new "feature" of HOH, namely breaking a thread.

The original "Lubricating oil" thread was started in 2004 by Andy Hall (r.i.p.). Julio's post is phrased as a reply, not a new thread.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.

I'm not sure if the OP gives me of a damn, RIP Andy Hall.

Reply to
Fredxxx