Lubricating oil

How about the old 3 in 1 oil? No one mentioned 3 in 1 which has been around for ages.
On 30/03/2017 12:44, Julio wrote:

White/black tin with small pictures of cycles,locks,lawnmowers, shears etc around it. Mum still has a tin in her garage from when we were kids!
There was also a penetrating oil version too in a yellow/black tin possibly with a red spout though it might not have been 3-in-one branded, not sure.
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 11:44:02 GMT, Julio

Yes, even longer than 2004 which is when the thread you were replying to was originally posted.
G.Harman
On 3/30/2017 1:26 PM, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

:-)
I'm pretty sure I was using it on bicycles in the 1960's. Distinctive smell from the anti rust additive.
On Thu, 30 Mar 2017 13:26:44 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Are you sure? Julio's post looks like a typical tardy HoH followup, but AFAICS, in this case it actually the OP.
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.d-i-y/36DFjQlxhUo/cADThN8qAQAJ
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

I think this is just a new "feature" of HOH, namely breaking a thread.
The original "Lubricating oil" thread was started in 2004 by Andy Hall (r.i.p.). Julio's post is phrased as a reply, not a new thread.
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

On 30/03/2017 12:44, Julio wrote:

A rich girl uses Vaseline, a poor girl uses lard...
--
Max Demian

On 30/03/2017 12:44, Julio wrote:

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855
- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.
I'm not sure if the OP gives me of a damn, RIP Andy Hall.